Ethiopian airline crash

Always worth being slightly sceptical of media reports, but this article:

https://www.seattletimes.com/busine...-max-system-implicated-in-the-lion-air-crash/

if in any way accurate is deeply disturbing. And if true, Boeing are in a lot of trouble, not just in terms of being sued, prosecuted and so on, but also because the 737 MAX is likely to be a commercial failure of the back of it. Can't see too many airlines firming up their options in the near future.
Airbus likes this post.

Don't fancy a boat from Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi mate, it's 250 miles, will get there and have to come straight home as only there 2 weeks..
... Could get a ferry from Langkawi to Penang but I was out voted on that one

There are options from other places in Malaysia to Langkawi from an hour and a half. There's some info here https://www.langkawi-insight.com/langkawi_000004.htm though sounds like you would most likely be outvoted anyway. Flying is certainly more convenient but I prefer trains and boats these days.

There are options from other places in Malaysia to Langkawi from an hour and a half. There's some info here https://www.langkawi-insight.com/langkawi_000004.htm though sounds like you would most likely be outvoted anyway. Flying is certainly more convenient but I prefer trains and boats these days.

I was thinking about this after my horror flight last week. My idea was that as I get older I would travel more and more. Now thinking trains are the future and seeing Europe is enough for me!

I was thinking about this after my horror flight last week. My idea was that as I get older I would travel more and more. Now thinking trains are the future and seeing Europe is enough for me!

The problem with Train journeys I find are that they start in England.

Just imagine waking up on the day of your great European train adventure. You get to your local station at 7.30 am for that short trip into Manchester and 1. It is late 2. When it arrives you can’t get on it and 3. There isn’t another for 40 minutes. It’s pissing down but they don’t have any shelter.

What will be will be you think and by 9.20am and 4 missed trains later due to overcrowding you finally get to Manchester. Oh no. There is 2cm of snow in the Birmingham area and as a result all trains are either cancelled or running 2 hrs late.

You finally get on one that is ready to depart but there are 2000 other people on there already and you have no seat reservation. You can’t find anywhere to put your suitcase and have to sit on it for the now 3 hr journey as the train needs to go ultra slow through the snow dusting.

Still the buffet car is open but you need to barge through 200 people standing up to get there whilst leaving an unattended suitcase in a doorway (not recommended nowadays). You buy the one stale cheese and ham sandwich remaining for a fiver and make your way back.

Best stop for a piss on the way and in you go only to find piss all over the floor, toilet Paper all over the place and a nice sign from Virgin trying to crack a joke about not flushing your hamster down the loo whilst you have to endure this.

All this at a cost of £279 because you chose to travel at peak times!

Etc etc etc......

Sound good?

Boeing will solve the problem. There is too much at stake for them not to.
Might be too late to save a lot of the potential order book by the time they've done it to satisfaction though. In the meantime Airbus are the only option.

Might be too late to save a lot of the potential order book by the time they've done it to satisfaction though. In the meantime Airbus are the only option.
Airbus have a 7 year order backlog, so although they will pick up some orders on the back of this, many airlines will want new aircraft much sooner than that.

Airbus have a 7 year order backlog, so although they will pick up some orders on the back of this, many airlines will want new aircraft much sooner than that.
And many will want aircraft they can confirm purchase for much sooner than it takes to sort through this problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.