Ethiopian airline crash

Yes.

At the end of the day pilots won't fly them if they are not safe.

Having survived several sorties with Dan Air back in the day i am quite a brave flyer.

I have always said myself that flying is safe as long as the crew do it voluntarily too - why would they risk anything as they are in the plane too? However this aircraft is so tainted I am not sure I'd be happy - if a software update is inadequate on your phone thats one thing - a patch sent out by Boeing that hopefully will fix it as you plunge groundwards is no use at all !

Yes.

At the end of the day pilots won't fly them if they are not safe.

Having survived several sorties with Dan Air back in the day i am quite a brave flyer.
After being on a Dan Air comet probably the least safe plane and the least safe airline at the time. I would feel safe in almost any plane

If, and when, they start to fly again would you take your seat if there was one waiting for you at the gate? I know they will be tested to the max but there would still be a VERY uneasy feeling getting on one of these.

no, I won’t.
Easyjet get my business.
They don’t fly Boeings.

After being on a Dan Air comet probably the least safe plane and the least safe airline at the time. I would feel safe in almost any plane
Yet they flew very successfully as Nimrods for years...

I was on the last ever Dan Dare Comet flight I think back from Tenerife... I was a kid but I remember it being f******* noisy

We sat chatting to an Irish guy in the airport before we got on the plane.. I had no idea who he was but my Dad introduced me to him anyway... Phil Lynott...

Yet they flew very successfully as Nimrods for years...

I was on the last ever Dan Dare Comet flight I think back from Tenerife... I was a kid but I remember it being f******* noisy

We sat chatting to an Irish guy in the airport before we got on the plane.. I had no idea who he was but my Dad introduced me to him anyway... Phil Lynott...
The original Commet's had square windows, which were prone to cracking in the corners.

The Mk2 Commet's had Rolls Royce Avon engines; the same engines that were fitted to the Lightning Fighter Jet and the Canberra Bomber.

The RAF Nimrod fleet were fitted with the Rolls Royce Spey engine (same as the Phantom and BAC 1-11)

What’s the actual issue with these planes, has it ever came out with any diagnostic? I think I read that engines are to big for the wings, don’t know if that’s true or not.

An operations manager where they built the aircraft expressed his concerns and asked to half the production because of the faults he saw, and because the work force was over worked. His pleas were ignored because it wasn’t ‘commercially viable’ At the time of his protests the lion air plane that crashed was in the factory. Absolutely disgusting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.