Ethiopian airline crash

Ralph Nadar is involved from a legal and family perspective. Could be an interesting and expensive few years coming up for Boeing.

Ralph Nadar is involved from a legal and family perspective. Could be an interesting and expensive few years coming up for Boeing.

Billions in compensation pay outs and there rep will take a huge hit.

Going to be a turbulent time for Boeing.

Actual report.
http://www.ecaa.gov.et/documents/20...AVJ).pdf/4c65422d-5e4f-4689-9c58-d7af1ee17f3e
Very rare these days that a design fault can cause an accident.
This appears to be an example of commercial considerations impacting safety as evidenced by the fact that a more complex failsafe implementation could have been designed but that would have affected the type certification of the aircraft, impacted training and added additional cost to the programme. Someone consciously took a shortcut and it killed people, presumably under pressure from bean counters.
As others have said, this will cost Boeing billions and I think there would be some corporate manslaughter charges if that crime exists in the US.

If, and when, they start to fly again would you take your seat if there was one waiting for you at the gate? I know they will be tested to the max but there would still be a VERY uneasy feeling getting on one of these.

If, and when, they start to fly again would you take your seat if there was one waiting for you at the gate? I know they will be tested to the max but there would still be a VERY uneasy feeling getting on one of these.

Yes.

At the end of the day pilots won't fly them if they are not safe.

Having survived several sorties with Dan Air back in the day i am quite a brave flyer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.