Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Not sure how to post pics but ignore the 38,000 attendance figure that seems to be doing the rounds. It was more like 45-46k in all honesty. There were probably only around 30-32k in the stadium at kick-off as thousands were still outside trying to get in and fans were still getting to their seats 15-20 minutes in. Once everyone was in, the much maligned North Stand was full from my vantage point in the South Stand. The only significant empties were obviously the away end (fair fucks to the Leipzig fans who did travel as their official club trip cost 1199 Euros!), CB3 (the last section to go on sale), and some hospitality areas. As a comparison to my guesstimate of 45-46k, we only got 40k v Lyon 3 years ago for the opening group game and that was with a much bigger away following.
The atmosphere wasn’t THAT bad. Nothing to massively write home about but it has been worse at CL games. As well as 114/115/116, 110/111 were on good form too but there were also chants starting from elsewhere in the ground.
I’ve noticed that early leavers tend to be more of an issue at league games than CL games so it was a little surprising to see so many leave early last night.

Circa
I’d have guessed 45k but yep, it was ‘full’ everywhere. No chance it was 38k even with the 7 Leipzig fans

The Daily United main headline has it at 37,000. They Rag c*nts have taken an extra 1500 off the made up attendance. Yet in their report above, they have the attendance at 45,000. And there you have it?

Terrific thread on Twitter from a Chelsea fan of all people. Explains that many so-called elite clubs don’t always sell out CL group games either, even touches on United forcing all ST holders to buy CL and FAC tickets which in turn makes it easier for them to sell out, and recognises the issue that many have had with mobile ticketing:

Fucking hell I’ve got an old work acquaintance on my timeline now having digs at City’s attendance.

He’s a lovely bloke but quite a nerdy type with very little interest in football.

This ‘empty seats’ narrative has become a very widespread thing.

That's what my problem is too. The narrative spreads very fast in the day of social media. Everywhere from Instagram to twitter to facebook to reddit is calling us on our attendance. Even false news or pictures taken at half time or before the matches get 10k likes though they are total fake. Pep need not ignite this narrative but he did!

We can mind our own business but as a Global club as we are now ( Even if anyone disagrees to it) , there is a need to control narratives and maintain media plans. PSG don't give a fuck. Called out Tebas when he was being a dick.
Here we have our own manager feeding the frenzy.

Pep can go anytime . He thinks he's doing us a favour by managing us. 40000 for a midweek game is respectable enough when you consider the group stages of this competition are for the most part a non event. Maybe if he didnt fuck up our chances of winning it when it comes to the business end every year he could talk.
Fuck him and his "History Clubs" and blowing smoke up the arses of the rags and Dippers.
The media throw enough shit at the club without him giving them another stick to beat us with.
We were here before Pep and we will be here long after him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.