Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

As expected, his comments have caused a media frenzy. It was completely unavoidable as soon as the words left his mouth and it qualifies as a monumental f**k up on his part.

I said last night i don't buy into this idea that full capacity attendances and incessant shouting from the stands defines the merits of a fan base, or fan core: try telling an Oldham supporter they're not as passionate as a premier league "history boys" fan because they attend a three quarters empty stadium each week. And I will add, I couldn't care less what rivals think of our support; we don't need praise from the swathes of glory-hunters and tourists to validate our support as "proper".

But our manager shouldn't be adding fuel to the fire. His comments last night were unwarranted. They would have been received a little more favorably had we just played out a dour 1-1 draw or worse yet, lost the game. Yet we smashed in six against a very good European outfit. Forget the sad jibes about flat atmosphere; the mood was good when the final whistle blew because we'd just played more fluid, vibrant football. Bar a few defensive lapses (which given the Ake news earlier are now entirely understandable) we were back to our best.

I don't necessarily think he needs to apologize, but he does need to clarify his words.

It needs dealing with by plenty of what we used to do best.... humour. Plenty of chants directed directly at Pep during the game. "Can you see us in the stands Pep? Can you see us in the stands?!"

A more simple one but it will probably sound too similar to the original so he won't notice

"We're here Guardiola, we're here Guardiola!"

Last edited:
I a

I agree 38000 is bollocks.

Dunno, the red noses in work were perplexed when they saw my photos too
My old scouse mate text me laughing at Pep’s comments, I sent those images back with a ? and he said and I quote “Pep’s full of shit”.

Is pep going to even address this? doubt he gives a shit what the fans think.

Not sure if it hasn't already been posted (it probably has, but I'm too lazy to check.....

An excellent read from, of all things, a Chelsea fan.

Great post that. Chelsea have a lot in common with ourselves as a fan base. Genuine fan bases recognise there is an agenda against us run by the red tops media loving mates. The brain dead sheep, many online and from abroad lap it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.