Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Regardless of who has said what to whom this week, even on here, we can be certain it will be at least part of the narrative of the post- game coverage.

Here’s hoping the (almost?) full house and a resounding victory, with some Pep songs to go with it all, will help make it all go away within the next 36-48 hours, once the Sunday’s become fish wrapper!

I just think that it is bad form for an alleged OSC official to feed stuff to the media even if Pep made an ambiguous statement. I would object to anyone from the OFS to be considered as a speaking for supporters generally. Espacially as I hadn't a clue who the hell he was before this Thursday.
Yeah he should've kept his trap shut.
It's wrong to publicly criticize the manager like that.

The media jumped on his words and made out we're all at odds with Pep.

I respect your choice not to Andy.

What I'm saying is that it seems rather hypocritical for anyone to claim to be a supporter of a club when not being a member (or in some cases being unaware) of the official supporters club.

It's the basic difference between supporters and fans.
Sorry but that's one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read.

Before leaving the UK I was a season ticket holder for 35 years, never went near the OSC, they always came across as arrogant and do gooders.

Does that make me a fake City fan?

No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.

How many "fans" are in the OSC? I would say a tiny, insignificant part of our fan base.

How many fans are members of bluemoon? again a small percentage of our fan base.

So what, we are all fans of Manchester City FC, and that's all that counts.

And finally NO ONE speaks on my behalf when talking about City, years ago it used to be Dave Wallace who the media turned to, now this guy Kevin Parker.

They are entitled to their opinions but they don't speak on anyone's behalf and their opinion is not better or worse than anyone's .

That’s a huge reduction isn’t it.
It is from last season. And given our record attendance in the Etihad is 54,693 against Leicester, the 55,000 capacity bullshit that is being put out by the media is way off the mark. It was reduced to 53,100 for league games and then a further 2,000 for CL games.
It’s all clickbait bullshit that goes with the territory these days and it’s vile to say the least. Literally there is no real journalistic nouce these days especially in football. Basically these media outlets run campaigns about bullying ect and then use those same kind of tactics against joe public as and when it suits to stir up a load of publicity.
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again I’ve been going to city since 75 and I can say hand on heart the our club or should I say the people at the top have thrown the fans under the bus again, they consistently allow the media the spew lies and deceit against our club and fans and never say fuck all. The very least they could of done since Wednesday was issue some stats re: stadium attendance and capacity but again silence falls around us.
Only when there is a shadow cast on their name do they get the lawyers out to fight.
I’m not asking for lawyers, just a true representative for our fans. People can say what they like about Kevin Parker but at least he did represent what a lot (not all) fans thought of peps unwise comments.

Sorry but that's one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read.

Before leaving the UK I was a season ticket holder for 35 years, never went near the OSC, they always came across as arrogant and do gooders.

Does that make me a fake City fan?
I haven’t left, but feel the same about the OSC. There’s always been an air of “I’m better because I’m a member so nerr “ from any I’ve met, thought that’s small population. I wouldn’t touch the OSC but it pisses me off that that guys opinion seems to be portrayed as mine

The press are all over this now the absolute twats.

Pep is going to leave if we don’t want him?

They get a few quotes then twist everything with huge banner headlines, they are never going to go into any actual facts.
Best to ignore pal it’ll go away, press are doing what they do

I respect your choice not to Andy.

What I'm saying is that it seems rather hypocritical for anyone to claim to be a supporter of a club when not being a member (or in some cases being unaware) of the official supporters club.

It's the basic difference between supporters and fans.
You can be a member of the official supporters club and have never attended a match... How does that make you a supporter but somebody like myself who's never been a OSC member but had a season ticket for 30yrs is just a fan?... What a load of horse shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.