Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I agree with you there, but what’s affordable to some isn’t to others, before the takeover my season ticket in the SS level 1 was £480 now it’s in excess of £750 that’s before i even start. So using those prices as an example I think a lot of local fans will be priced out unless they rebuild the north stand with safe standing and reasonably priced tickets.
Oh great idea....now we just need the the management to realise this, I won't hold my breath though

Reactions: ffs
I can tell you the Club conducted a workshop on Friday, wanting to learn the supporter 'journey'.

They are obviously aware of all the problems and the disconnect between the fans and the club in a few areas.

I told someone they just need to spend a week trying to buy a ticket, trying to contact supporter services, trying to find a car park space or trying to rely on woeful public transport.

The journey lasts a week for most.
They need to reach out to the fans with a proper survey of all season ticket holders, social media users, local businesses etc etc. They could start with this forum which has 70,000 members ( and a huge audience). The biggest issue for me (at least at night games) is the lack of public transport. They need to close some roads to cars and use hundreds of shuttle buses to get people in and out (like they do at most big European clubs). We haven't even got a bloody taxi rank. The catering in East Stand Upper (where I go) is a total shambles. You can't even get a cup of tea. In fact it is much worse than Maine Road was in the 70s. It is worse than most other PL grounds in terms of speed of service.

SS3 is definitely a different set for CL games and a lot of students the other night. I bet we don’t have more than 15000 in CL scheme.

yeah. My lad was telling me that students can get half price or really cheap tickets through something called unidays. They can have as many as they want. The club also give lots of free tickets to the Uni to hand out.

Seems a good way to fill the seats by giving them away cheap and hopefully picking up a long term supporter or two. It’s the long game for sure. But a good one.

Agree. It was a very Mancunian crowd. Normally it's a very European crowd. The fact we still pulled 45K, forget the 38K bullsh*t in the media, and 3000 missing Leipzig fans, is encouraging.

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd we get against PSG and Bruges.
PSG will sell out in a flash. Bruges will be full too unless it’s a dead rubber.

Emptyhad.

PXL-20210918-141831768-2.jpg
Nice jrb, you did well capturing a moment when a Soton player wasn't sat on his arse.

This is something that really needs to be looked at.

I think the scans and bag checks need to be done further away at a perimeter around the stadium, not at the turnstiles.

A lot of people mingle around the ground before going in. They’ll be at Summerbees Bar, City Square, looking at the new statues, eating at the food vendors, waiting at the player’s entrance, maybe walking an elderly relative to their entrance before making their way to their own… then everyone has to wait in queues to get scanned and have bags searched before getting into the ground.

This means not everyone is in their seats at kick off when we want a full ground singing from the start (would help if the speaker system wasn’t so loud so the fans could be heard, mind!).

If the checks were done a bit further back and earlier before kick off, it would allow everyone to mingle around the stadium before they wanted to go into the ground. When fans did want to go in all they have to do is go through the turnstile. It would reduce the queuing to get in dramatically and have us all in our seats at kick off.
Thought South Stand was better organised yesterday, Queuing within the outer fencing area rather than up the Road like last time.

I winged it yesterday with my Sons ticket. I bought him one with his Cityzen card, I am unable to download them (something to do with his account and I'm waiting for assistance from City to set it up).

Anyway, I had the confirmation email and thought bollocks I'm not pissing about with the ticket office. We queued and I explained to the Guy and he scanned my Son in.

"He who Dares Rodri, he who dares" :- )

the last champions league game was mainly locals and barely any tourists (based on accents I could hear, where people were heading from, was midweek/ covid restrictions from other countries). They key to that is keeping tickets affordable, which allows most Mancunians to attend. Fa cup games are a perfect example of that.

i like the fact most of our crowd is from greater Manchester and I hope we never lose that or become like United - most fans outside the area. Our local fans make the club what it is. Just need to keep prices affordable and we will always keep that.
What is affordable to a person in a high paid job is maybe not affordable to people on Zero hour contracts or on a part time wage
There is no reason whatsoever for games that are not going to sell out to charge an adult an kid £20
It's nothing to do with empty seats but getting youngsters interested in going to the games
For some people going to the game it is a way of life
For others it is a treat £65 for some Premier League tickets (really )
If we get a couple of thousand new kids going to the games every season the future will be bright
We are one of the best supported clubs in Europe but we must put a bit of effort to maintain our younger fan base
After Wycombe game we will have had about 130.000 fans at Etihad in under a week
That is a figure we should all be proud of

yeah. My lad was telling me that students can get half price or really cheap tickets through something called unidays. They can have as many as they want. The club also give lots of free tickets to the Uni to hand out.

Seems a good way to fill the seats by giving them away cheap and hopefully picking up a long term supporter or two. It’s the long game for sure. But a good one.
I wonder whether those freebies are not included in the attendance figures as there is no revenue from those tickets. A couple of days before the Leipzig game there was at least 2000 tickets available in SS3 yet on the day it was fairly full.

Look at all those empty seats! Must be a small club! Says absolutely nobody...

Sorry, I know its petty, and no disrespect to Dortmund at all with tongue firmly in cheek. But that's what irritates me on all of this. We have as many "empty seats" as any big club but are the only side where fans and media seem desperate to actually count them and make a big scene of it.

Last comment from me on this subject for now, but if you think the media are in the least bit fair in their comments towards our support then you need to get your head out of your arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.