Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Are people really that worried about empty seats and the atmosphere in the stadium? Time to stop moaning and start to enjoy what we are seeing on the pitch. When it is needed we get behind the team. I do not really care what the media or fans say, sometimes reacting to these things makes it worse. These individuals / groups are getting the reaction they want. We should grow thick skins and pay no attention. The fact there is a thread on the subject is laughable. For goodness sake, we are top of the league...

Are people really that worried about empty seats and the atmosphere in the stadium? Time to stop moaning and start to enjoy what we are seeing on the pitch. When it is needed we get behind the team. I do not really care what the media or fans say, sometimes reacting to these things makes it worse. These individuals / groups are getting the reaction they want. We should grow thick skins and pay no attention. The fact there is a thread on the subject is laughable. For goodness sake, we are top of the league...
Good atmosphere and packed stadium makes it more enjoyable for everyone

Good question and the answer is no not really save for a handful of posters on here who yearn for the halcyon days of yesteryear.

To an extent we all do but most of us reluctantly accept that the sanitisation of football and the different demographic who make up today’s crowds preclude that kind of brilliant atmosphere from happening except on rare and special occasions

Good atmosphere and packed stadium makes it more enjoyable for everyone
I don't get obsessed by those things. If fans wish to remain quiet and celebrate in their own way, I have no problem with that. Everyone to there own in my opinion. Football has changed as have our own fanbase. I get the sense the players on the pitch appreciate the support they get. In reality there is not really a problem. The Etihad atmosphere is unlikely to change. It is not really the end of the world...

Atmosphere and getting behind the team makes going to games more enjoyable for lots of people. It’s one of the main reason I enjoyed going so much as a kid.

silent ground where you can hear the players talking or a bouncing ground. I know what I’d rather have. Nothing to do with the media or other fans, couldn’t care less what they think.

Lots of people have tried to engineer change and let’s hope they continue to do so with cheaper tickets for younger people etc. Ultimately it’s still down to everyone in that stadium to make an atmosphere though and if we’re honest, around 90% of our home supporters aren’t that bothered. Most PL home atmospheres are crap. Ours mostly is, one of the poorer atmospheres in the league, although at points it wasn’t actually too bad today.

People going for a pint 32 mins in and coming back in the 60th minute I just find bizarre but each to their own I guess.

It’s a shit pint at that!!
Try to tell anyone what to do and they get defensive over it, but it’s definitely a factor. It started imo with early leavers and apathy is contagious, arrive late, leave early, go for a pint early, come back late, can’t be arsed singing, sometimes can’t be arsed turning up. But as these people always say, it’s a free world.

The atmosphere is nothing to do with the empty seats. The problem is the people who actually turn up at the ground. Most of them create the same noise as an empty seat.

At 4-3 today around 30 fans in SS3 tried to get the other blues out of their seats to support OUR team. Hardly anyone responded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.