Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The atmosphere is nothing to do with the empty seats. The problem is the people who actually turn up at the ground. Most of them create the same noise as an empty seat.

At 4-3 today around 30 fans in SS3 tried to get the other blues out of their seats to support OUR team. Hardly anyone responded.
I’m in 315, I joined in, but literally hundreds, a few thousand others in the stand couldn’t be arsed and that’s what it comes down to.

Every week there’s a reason why it was poor today. Let’s all be honest. Our home support is terrible. Big deal if it’s good every now and again. We don’t deserve the team and manager we have now.

The greatest team we’ve ever had and most of us sit there like sacks of spuds. 80% of those who attend never open their mouths. Lazy supporters.

I want to watch the game, if I wanted to jump up and down and open my mouth I would go to Boca Juniors and not watch the game.

People like yourself have this weird concept of what a British atmosphere is supposed to be.

The atmospheres in Britain reflect what is going on on the pitch, always has done and always will do. Today was a mixture of how easy it was for 45 mins followed by how tense it was with the Leicester comeback.

We dominate 90% of games we play for a duration of 90% of each game. It’s enjoyable, it’s fascinating, it’s great viewing.

To say we don’t deserve this team or manager is a crock of shit.

We’ve got big games coming up and the atmosphere will as always for those games be great.

A million and one excuses, only way it improves is if fans make the effort to make it improve.

Wasn't there today due to visiting family down south but watching live on TV we sounded like we couldn't raise a song, that being said Leicester were only a quiet murmur when getting 3 in 10 mins I'd like to think it was mic's being played with but being in 315 every game (seats not empty today) I can imagine the lack of noise as we took control early on.

I want to watch the game, if I wanted to jump up and down and open my mouth I would go to Boca Juniors and not watch the game.

People like yourself have this weird concept of what a British atmosphere is supposed to be.

The atmospheres in Britain reflect what is going on on the pitch, always has done and always will do. Today was a mixture of how easy it was for 45 mins followed by how tense it was with the Leicester comeback.

We dominate 90% of games we play for a duration of 90% of each game. It’s enjoyable, it’s fascinating, it’s great viewing.

We’ve got big games coming up and the atmosphere will as always for those games be great.
Some people seem to crave audience participation, luckily it’s panto season now. I think there are various reasons why an atmosphere might be good or bad but I’ll say a Boxing Day game where lots of people are a bit jaded from the day before, maybe not drinking, might contribute to something more subdued.

We’ve been spoilt with success. A lot of fans have lost their passion.

People pay for their tickets and decide how they choose to support the lads. That’s fair enough. Pep and the team do, however, deserve better support from the fans. That won’t happen and we get on with trying to retain the Prem and win the Champs League.

We’ve been spoilt with success. A lot of fans have lost their passion.

People pay for their tickets and decide how they choose to support the lads. That’s fair enough. Pep and the team do, however, deserve better support from the fans. That won’t happen and we get on with trying to retain the Prem and win the Champs League.
Pep and the players are paid to do the job that are very good at. The club are only bothered that the seats are paid for, which is commercially a good thing for everyone associated with the club. We won't get the big players without the revenues coming in. If people want to sing they will. If not let's learn to respect their right to do as they choose. Overall, we are heading in the direction. I'll be surprised if any fan will give up there seat at the Etihad just because it is like a library at times...

Pep and the players are paid to do the job that are very good at. The club are only bothered that the seats are paid for, which is commercially a good thing for everyone associated with the club. We won't get the big players without the revenues coming in. If people want to sing they will. If not let's learn to respect their right to do as they choose. Overall, we are heading in the direction. I'll be surprised if any fan will give up there seat at the Etihad just because it is like a library at times...
Kinell, if the ground is like a library the swamp must be like a graveyard at night.

The problem with the lack of atmosphere is conceding a sporting advantage. Leicester should have been playing against our 12th man, as well as our 11 on the pitch.

It’s no big deal to me if peole don’t want to make the effort and only watch 75 mins of the game. That’s their choice. It will make it harder for the Club to gain lucrative sponsorships though, as Companies want to be associated with positive brands.

The problem with the lack of atmosphere is conceding a sporting advantage. Leicester should have been playing against our 12th man, as well as our 11 on the pitch.

It’s no big deal to me if peole don’t want to make the effort and only watch 75 mins of the game. That’s their choice. It will make it harder for the Club to gain lucrative sponsorships though, as Companies want to be associated with positive brands.
Easy - replace the moaners with the happy clappers. The sponsorship deals come with success on the field. Manchester City is now a huge club with big players who usually attract the large sums of money. At some point soon we are going to get a deal with one big companies that will take us into the real big league if we are not there already. Success on the pitch will drive these things, that is why I say we are heading in the right direction. Hopefully the club can bring together both the old and new fans in a way that will benefit Manchester City and the good people of east Manchester for years to come... #FutureCity #Dominate #Sustain #Succeed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.