Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I think the atmosphere will be pretty tense now til the last game

think about it, v brighton it was 0-0 at HT and was getting nevrvy. Its more of a relief when we scored

then v watford the early goal and we know weve won.

think if we get a game with a few goals either way and it night perk us up

Agree with others about the PA systems, it's way to loud and at half time you cant understand anything that is being said. It's nice to see old players etc just a shame you cant understand because it's so loud.

It makes me deeply, utterly angry. Clearly, like so many other aspects of City and its ‘communications department’ it's being run by people who have no idea what it actually is to be a football supporter of many years standing.
The other week, I was over for the first time in a long time (Covid) against the dippers. There's a good bunch of lads on my row, I've been lucky in that respect, and they gave me a real welcome back. Hugs and smiles.
The bloke to my right (I've never got round to asking his name, and it's at the point where it would be embarrassing to), salt of the earth Manc, always comes with his lad — family's got five season cards between them! — I always like to talk about the way the game's gone to him.
At half-time, there was nothing I wanted more than to simply catch up with him, and see if we agreed in our reading of the game. The PA was fucking steamrollering our conversation! We were having to bellow at each other, and in the end we just gave up out of tiredness.
It's just as bad in the first few minutes before kick off. I often think — if they just let us sing!! We don't need the PA. Something else – three fucking times in those tense last ten minutes it was announced to the dipper fans that they would be held back at the final whistle. Apart from the fact that it's pretty standard, especially in big matches between bitter rivals and where there's bad blood between the supporters, what are they — deaf?

It makes me deeply, utterly angry. Clearly, like so many other aspects of City and its ‘communications department’ it's being run by people who have no idea what it actually is to be a football supporter of many years standing.
The other week, I was over for the first time in a long time (Covid) against the dippers. There's a good bunch of lads on my row, I've been lucky in that respect, and they gave me a real welcome back. Hugs and smiles.
The bloke to my right (I've never got round to asking his name, and it's at the point where it would be embarrassing to), salt of the earth Manc, always comes with his lad — family's got five season cards between them! — I always like to talk about the way the game's gone to him.
At half-time, there was nothing I wanted more than to simply catch up with him, and see if we agreed in our reading of the game. The PA was fucking steamrollering our conversation! We were having to bellow at each other, and in the end we just gave up out of tiredness.
It's just as bad in the first few minutes before kick off. I often think — if they just let us sing!! We don't need the PA. Something else – three fucking times in those tense last ten minutes it was announced to the dipper fans that they would be held back at the final whistle. Apart from the fact that it's pretty standard, especially in big matches between bitter rivals and where there's bad blood between the supporters, what are they — deaf?

Good points I come up from SE Kent and use to get to know the people around us. Like you say you have to be shouting into the persons ears now to each other !.

My lad and me very rarely chat with people around us as we cant hear each other.

My lads first game back in 2003 people around us chatted to us both.

The fact that we cant easier talk to people around us could lead to not feeling part of the fans or the club.

Considering it's the Merseyside derby, and Liverpool need to win, bar the odd period of singing, the atmosphere has been sh*t at Anfield. The same at Stamford Bridge bewtween Chelsea v West Ham. Poor atmosphere's don't only happen at City.

Been saying that for ages !!! We are no worse or better than any other club.
Just seems we have become hung up on it and perhaps believing the press/media

It’s a perfect derby for atmosphere at Anfield today. So obviously it will be better than normal.

They don’t have the PA on. Their fans sing Allez Allez Allez as the players come out then YNWA. It was the same VS United.

They’ve built a routine. Stadium full as players come out. Everyone playing their part.

We could easily do that at City if we didn’t have the PA at 150 decibels!
They’ve got the winning formula at Anfield. No annoying booming PA. Turn it off City. That would be a start.

They’ve got the winning formula at Anfield. No annoying booming PA. Turn it off City. That would be a start.
“Winning formula” he says. You must be a dipper. You can’t have watched that game today and thought it was a good atmosphere unless you were a deluded dipper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.