Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

So half their capacity, yet the poster you quoted with hardly any posts in 8 years pops up and claims it was a sell out!
Just too much fake news out there and some of our fans swallow it. Our attendances hold up well compared to group stage matches for so-called giants like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, etc etc who very rarely sell out matches. For what it's worth I think the biggest issue for us is the total lack of transport infrastructure and a collapsed road system. Last night no buses and reduced tram service again. It is much better at Old Trafford with several tram lines serving the ground.

Sweet, I was looking for another thread where the same boring cunts are still crying about a fairly innocuous comment and using it to absolutely slaughter our most successful manager...

The day that supporters can't have their say,however successful the club has been,is the day the game is finished.

We all know it is heading that way,but innocuous comments or not,I'd have loved for Pep to "get us" during his tenure here,but sadly this looks like this won't be the case.

Just noticed the commenter calling our ground The City of Manchester Stadium. Isnt City+ an on house production ? If so surely they should know the name of our stadium.
Or arent we allowed to say the Etihad Stadium in the champions league ?

The day that supporters can't have their say,however successful the club has been,is the day the game is finished.

We all know it is heading that way,but innocuous comments or not,I'd have loved for Pep to "get us" during his tenure here,but sadly this looks like this won't be the case.
The supporters are having their say mate, over about 5 threads atm. Nobody is stopping them having a breakdown because the manager said he would like the fans to get behind the team on Saturday.
With respect, this whole "he doesn't get us" narrative is not something I agree with. It's usually made by fans who miss Mancini because they thought he got us by wearing a scarf.
It's all a bit sad but hey ho, we are where we are.

I've tried to have a more neutral/pragmatic think about the atmosphere and attendance last night and I remember that 10 minutes after half time I looked across from the CB stand to the opposite side and thinking where have all those fans gone, there was a section which was suddenly empty. Then I realised it is, I think, the corporate/hospitality section of that stand. It is directly in Guardiola's line of vision from the dug out. Maybe he saw that and didn't look around at the rest of the ground. I did look back a little later (was too busy concentrating on the football to keep my eye on it!) and although still not as full as in the first half a lot had returned.

It doesn't change my opinion of Guardiola keeping quiet about fans during what is a very difficult time for those of us who are not millionaires and we still keep turning up!!

This working class does not work when tickets could be bought for £15.
Covid one of the main reasons for lack of atmosphere.
If Leipzig had sold their full allocation it would have been a lot better.
See the Arsenal game how good it was a few weeks back.

Yeah. I think our atmosphere is shite at times, but the big secret that anyone who goes to any football - ie if you're not a football avi twitter troll - is that atmosphere in all English grounds are shite 90% of the time.
Spot on mate. Sky and BT with their embarrassing hysterical bullshit about how “amazing” it is to have fans back and how “incredible” the atmosphere is are just peddling their wares to gullible armchair fans. Rent a quote idiot ex player pundits read out their carefully prepared lines “Elland Rd will be like a cauldron today” and then 45 mins later fail to comment about how quiet the first half was

Atmosphere at matches has deteriorated steadily year on year for the last twenty odd years. The demographic has changed and those still up for it are stifled to an extent by the whole corporate over sanitised set up at any match these days. Occasionally the circumstances and importance of an individual match produce a bouncing stadium that make us all yearn for the old days ….. but sadly those days are gone

I've tried to have a more neutral/pragmatic think about the atmosphere and attendance last night and I remember that 10 minutes after half time I looked across from the CB stand to the opposite side and thinking where have all those fans gone, there was a section which was suddenly empty. Then I realised it is, I think, the corporate/hospitality section of that stand. It is directly in Guardiola's line of vision from the dug out. Maybe he saw that and didn't look around at the rest of the ground. I did look back a little later (was too busy concentrating on the football to keep my eye on it!) and although still not as full as in the first half a lot had returned.

It doesn't change my opinion of Guardiola keeping quiet about fans during what is a very difficult time for those of us who are not millionaires and we still keep turning up!!
Pep should be more worried about his team shipping three soft goals than counting empty seats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.