Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I don't think Pep's comments are anywhere near as bad as some are making out. It's not like he's calling out individual fans asking why they didn't come. City are a working class club and obviously few of our fans can afford to make it to every game, but that alone doesn't excuse it. Look at it from his perspective- you're the best manager in the world who's worked for five years to make the team the best in the world, and you're still having big issues with attendance and atmosphere.

He's not trying to make any fan who couldn't afford to come feel guilty, hell, I'm one of those. He probably just feels that we should be able to sell 55k tickets to a UCL home game. I'd be frustrated too.

It's likely that if we don't win his last home game the place will be half-empty while he makes his farewell speech either way...

Last edited:
Looked like the attendance started off poor but seemed full when the game properly kicked in! Seen some vids of the stadium looking full aside from the leipzig section
Colin Bell 3rd tier was the only place with a few empties from what I could see in SS L3.

Chelsea at home in January. Have a look online at the prices. Literally just a handful of pitch side seats priced at £50 and the rest are mainly £63 with some in the 2nd tier £80. Most kids tickets are £40
So what you are saying is most of them are £65 and most have gone have gone and the expensive 93:20 seats are £80 and theres a few of those left, plus a handful of £50 seats. There are no games with normal seats at £80, just the 93:20 seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.