Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Manager calling out to all fans shocker

The real issue is the snowflake support we have that care what others think about our attendances and support, who gives a fuck, you either attend and support the team or you don't, not sure what the big issue is to be honest?

Too many people worrying about what others think instead of just getting on with your thing
I don't give a shit what others fans say or think. Doesn't mean I have to be content with Pep's snide comments about the fans.

He's paid well to coach the team, if he wants to know why the stadium isn't full maybe he should speak with the relevant people within the club. Pretty much the entire entertainment industry is down on numbers, why should City be the exception?

My brother is 14 and he said to me give me one reason to go watch City vs Southampton full 90 Minutes or go to the Stadium instead of watching the highlights on YouTube. The winner is already is decided.
The answer is simple: make it an event.
Our brains love a cracking atmosphere and reacts by a hormonal firework which gives us a superb feeling.

Sitting in a graveyard doesn't. Can be nice and calm but without a hormonal firework.

It's a huge mistake by the club not to address the problem properly and listen to supporter groups.

Not comparable, but at St. Pauli it's mainly an event and also a football match. But then you have organized fan groups that most of you despise.

I wonder if Pep didn't mean the missing sound instead of the pure number of fans sitting around. He's a passionate lad - Mahrez can tell - and wants the same passion in the stands.
A simple case of wrong expectations.

The answer is simple: make it an event.
Our brains love a cracking atmosphere and reacts by a hormonal firework which gives us a superb feeling.

Sitting in a graveyard doesn't. Can be nice and calm but without a hormonal firework.

It's a huge mistake by the club not to address the problem properly and listen to supporter groups.

Not comparable, but at St. Pauli it's mainly an event and also a football match. But then you have organized fan groups that most of you despise.

I wonder if Pep didn't mean the missing sound instead of the pure number of fans sitting around. He's a passionate lad - Mahrez can tell - and wants the same passion in the stands.
A simple case of wrong expectations.
Or he's as incompetent as out ticket office. 38k lol. Or was that a deliberate BBC typo?

Hardly snowflake material but more frustration.
But why be frustrated, this is what I mean, I don't get it?

If you went last night to support the team then that's great, if you didn't go for whatever reason that's also alright. Pep's call to arms was basically saying "if" you can make it to support the team that'll be great, nothing more or nothing less

It's just been brought up on Talk Sport. Simon Jordan loving it, with his inevitable petulant, snide comments while also claiming he has nothing against the club, and City fans have it in for him.

Nevertheless, it had me thinking. Why aren't we as interested in the Champions League?

I've not missed a game this season, including the Charity Shield. I'll be there on Saturday, I'll go against Wycombe and I'll be at Stamford Bridge for an early kick off next Saturday. However, I wasn't bothered about going last night.

Why is that? I'm just not that bothered about playing European competition. Don't get me wrong, I want to win the UCL to tick that box but it's just not as attractive as beating all the clubs around us to be the best team in England.

I plan to go to Paris for the PSG game, that's more about the experience, but I'll be far happier if we beat Chelsea next week. I won't be travelling home from Paris feeling gutted, and hating football if we lose. I was at the Bernabeu 18 months ago when we came from behind to beat Real Madrid. It was fantastic but I'd be far more ecstatic if we did the same at Old Trafford, or even Anfield.

Maybe, it's because we're relatively new to the competition. Many united and Liverpool fans have grown up watching their team play in Europe. And, having success in Europe too. Perhaps the younger generation watching City now will be as interested in the Champions League when they're older. However, for me personally, I just want to get that monkey off our back but I'm far more interested in beating our rivals to be the champions of England.
I think part of it is what you touch on in the last paragraph. We've been in the comp for 10 years now, but let's have it right, 12 years ago it didn't seem like a possibility at all so you've got to be of a certain age to have grown up on City in the CL/dreaming of winning it.

For me a big part of it is how much of a bloated competition it is. When we went through in 2014 we lost away to Bayern, drew with Roma (copped a load of shit off the media that night/day about City not "getting" the CL), drew away in Moscow, lost at home to Moscow but then won our final 2 games at home to Bayern and away to Roma and qualified. Basically, although last night was against the 2nd biggest test we'll face in the group, if we hadn't have won you'd still back us to get through. 3 years ago we lost at home to Lyon yet pissed through the group stage. It's just a competition that doesn't mean anything til the Spring.

PSG will be good at home as it's against a team of superstars. I've been watching City regularly since 1994 and I can honestly say last night was the first time I've seen an opposition player I've never heard of score a hattrick against us.

I'd argue the atmosphere is also being impacted because it is the 'locals' who are now feeling disenfranchised?

A local must always traipse across Manchester in the height of rush hour, a local can take it or leave it, a local is invariably a little less affluent than someone making a rare/special occasion visit for a Champions League game?

I am a 'local' and, finances, not withstanding, the number of hurdles which legitimately exist just in terms of midweek attendance, for this 47-year-old, anyway, has me a deepening sense of, "They don't care about me and I won't be missed".

Can't blame day-trippers and kids, they are turning up in big numbers and making it a 'treat', they don't have any shared hard yards, leave the atmosphere responsibilities to the regulars, hoping to just spend £200 in the club shop and sit back and be entertained.

Too many people concerned about 'optics', or should I say the last rod to beat us over the head with, considering how successful we are as a team.

Pep is dropping the ball a little too much for my liking and also had to walk back his naive recent comments in Brazil about quitting at the end of the two-years left on his deal.

For him to feed into the lazy narrative again with regards fans staying away is extremely poor from him.

His lack of self-awareness and from the club in general with regards our fanbase, the considerations many also have with Covid, perhaps further highlights a huge, current disconnect.

There is an ignorance about Pep and the Catalan executives which I feel takes people like me for granted?

I've never felt further away from the club as I have this summer. My dad is ready to call it a day after 60 years, my brothers are taking or leaving it.

If I didn't have my two kids, I'd probably knock it all on the head and come and watch a couple of games a season, taking the rest in on the box.

What really angers me is that City fans are having to defend themselves because of comments like those from the manager.

"The players will be tired, Southampton are a tough team, more fans..."

The players are fucking tired? We have supporters who have lost jobs, businesses, grandparents too uncomfortable to return of late, being told to come to grips with a ticketing roll out which is beyond comical.

I don't give a fuck what other clubs get, there were 38,000 Blues who parted with their hard-earned last night and they'll do for me.

Sadly, not for Pep and the people who are being paid enough money to know better.

Tell you what, City. Make every ticket £20 across the board for every game and you would have to build a stadium twice the size of the Etihad to accommodate every person.

They aren't going to do that, though, as money will always be the bottom line, so accept the type of fans we have, or fuck off.
All of this. I used to be an 'obsessed' fan who'd attend every home game without fail, while probably fitting in around 5-10 aways a season. However, I can take it or leave it these days as the hurdles are ridiculous.

Added to the fact I can stream anything and have two young daughters, it's all a bit of a mither. Especially with the club making life even more difficult, ticket prices, etc.

I went last night, I'll go again Sat and I'll be there against Wycombe. But it's not as fun as it used to be.

I don't give a shit what others fans say or think. Doesn't mean I have to be content with Pep's snide comments about the fans.

He's paid well to coach the team, if he wants to know why the stadium isn't full maybe he should speak with the relevant people within the club. Pretty much the entire entertainment industry is down on numbers, why should City be the exception?
It wasn't snide and I doubt he had any wish to offend the fanbase. Though he probably should be aware by now that we have some very sensitive blues knocking about.

Manager calling out to all fans shocker

The real issue is the snowflake support we have that care what others think about our attendances and support, who gives a fuck, you either attend and support the team or you don't, not sure what the big issue is to be honest?

Too many people worrying about what others think instead of just getting on with your thing
I couldn't care less about what other fans think, I just give them my Mona Lisa smile or show them the photographs of me with the trophies! You don't have 7 brothers and numerous family supporting either of the two red teams in the North without growing a thick skin.
I do however think that our manager/coach whatever title they now have, should be more alert to what fans are putting up with not just from other fans but from our own ticket office and supporter 'services'! Maybe the club should have made sure that he saw that email of apology and then he might have questioned why it was necessary to send it out and when given the reasons kept quiet!! Maybe the big issue is that fans matter!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.