Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Tickets cost £20 tonight. I paid that for Stockport vs Grimsby two weeks ago!
Mine was £12.50 I think. Bargain. It’s not the prices. It’s the apathy for the CL, the traffic, the lack of transport options in and out of the stadium and the ticketing issues. Add Covid to the mix and it’s going to mean lower attendances. It looked 45k ish there tonight Which isn’t that bad. Pep needs to focus on his job not on the crowd because it’s actually a slap in the face for those who did go. My day was very long today, sat in traffic, rushing around to get there and then you get comments like this which don’t help.

Let's strip away the arguments of ticket prices, covid, and the sort, for me it's simple: I've personally never believed you need to be up out of your seat and roaring yourself coarse to be considered a better "fan". I've been to plenty of City matches in my time and never acted like the aforementioned; doesn't make me any less passionate a City supporter. It's interesting somebody mentioned fans attending now to be entertained rather than bellowing the team to victory; I'd say that's spot on. Some of the football we play is spellbinding and frankly, if I'm up out of my seat every two minutes screaming it would take away some of the enjoyment. I want to watch, and watch properly.

Maybe that's the inclination of the majority of match-going City supporters.

However, it's pretty tone deaf of Pep to come out with that comment. He should know it's a stick we're consistently beaten with and will now cause unnecessary fuss.

i think that’s harsh and depends where you are sat. My voice is near enough gone and in 119 thought it was decent.

for the bigger games we’ve got a pretty good atmosphere
That's because I was in there tonight! I've also got a croaky voice.

Enjoyed being in the rail seating for the first time. It's good and far better/more natural than before... I might look at moving down to SS1 next season.

Mine was £12.50 I think. Bargain. It’s not the prices. It’s the apathy for the CL, the traffic, the lack of transport options in and out of the stadium and the ticketing issues. Add Covid to the mix and it’s going to mean lower attendances. It looked 45k ish there tonight Which isn’t that bad. Pep needs to focus on his job not on the crowd because it’s actually a slap in the face for those who did go. My day was very long today, sat in traffic, rushing around to get there and then you get comments like this which don’t help.
I was at the game, I didn't see it as a slap in the face. I just get bored of some of the excuses, and people getting angry at Pep asking for fans to turn up. It's nowt to do with the cost of tickets, or transport, or covid, or the ticketing system, it's that a chunk of our support doesn't want to watch European football. Best of luck to them, but you can't blame Pep for asking them to get behind the team.

Exactly. So it's not the prices then. It's that fans don't want to come to these games.

You know well City fans don't have much love or interest for the CL matches. My partner and Daughter don't come to the CL matches, but they would never miss a PL match. That's their choice. I go to the CL matches.

Just a final thought.

Maybe if City had won the CL final last season, there might be more interest in the CL this season?

Night.

The City fans jibe rages on, with our own fuckin manager throwing fuel on the fire. Talk about taking the shine off a win

You know well City fans don't have much love or interest for the CL matches. My partner and Daughter don't come to the CL matches, but they would never miss a PL match. That's their choice. I go to the CL matches.
Well exactly. Just don't know why we have to go through the mither pretending it has to do with ticket costs or ticketing systems or anything else. My Dad has a SC and doesn't come to mid-week games cos his wife will moan about it, and Pep's entitled to say he'd prefer he was there regardless.

Well exactly. Just don't know why we have to go through the mither pretending it has to do with ticket costs or ticketing systems or anything else. My Dad has a SC and doesn't come to mid-week games cos his wife will moan about it, and Pep's entitled to say he'd prefer he was there regardless.

FFS! It's the 1st group stage match against Leipzig. I's hardly going to set pulses racing. If it would have been against PSG and Messi, the Etihad would have been full. If City reach the last 16, 8, 4, 2 in the CL, the Etihad will be full.

Get some sleep, like I'm going to do now. You'll feel better in the morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.