Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Sounds bizarre when thinks about that… we are the one and only ever Centurions in English football history, and we don’t have a single song about it. Yet we sing about one derby game 10 years ago still (when a 1-6 at the Swamp isn’t even unique for us!).

I did make a song up about us being a bit of a decent team, to the tune of “Made of Stone” by the Stone Roses, that was sung in SSL1 a couple of times. But the vast majority of our fanbase aren’t engaged in City fan culture at all and we have no avenues to get City fan culture out there to the masses. So nobody bar a few hundred in SSL1 ever joined in with it and it’s never been sung since.

It feels like we’ve hit a dead end as a set of fans. We need a proper shake up.
I really liked that singing that song! I agree that we need a shake up but I also like singing the old songs. My mentality at the stadium is if I hear a song, join in regardless of what song it is. Our atmosphere is so lacking that any song is better than no song. And there's something to be said for the old ones being good stories and memories nowt wrong with that in my view!

I am a genuine city fan & my blood is blue , like yours ,believe me it fuckin hurts to sort of compliment them bigheads tw-ts across the road .
Sometimes i feel the atmosphere can be bang average & we are waiting for the team to score 1st before the singing starts.
Would love it to be an intimidating place to come to ,not just because of the team ,but the crowd to.
& no worries on your thoughts , apologies for my response back.

The atmosphere is absolutely fine in big matches. It's just against the low teams where it's bad. It's because there's no excitement in it , the winner is set most of the time.

That's the only Problem

we have city matters who are regularly in contact.

I agree on the fans leaving early, said it before. Doesn't help they are showing the games on the screens outside (league games mainly) for people to not miss any of the game.

I don't think there is a disconnect between fans and manager or even the board.

No passion in our board/management? hmmm ok
The manager has plenty of Passion , it’s just that when he expresses his opinion , people get all offended when he’s spot on

i was talking about the board having no passion, from everything I read about Ferran Soriano, he is a clinical businessman, only interested in the numbers

you see this in the way we have gentrified the stadium to leverage more revenue per seat rather than trying to target our lower income fan base

pep should be directing his questions at the board rather than BT sport as they are the ones who could really do something about it

City Matters , do me a favour, where are the minutes for these meetings? Who decides what they discuss?

the club need to start engaging properly with the fanbase, why don’t they reach out to the many fan channels we have to start to debate some of the issues like atmosphere and people leaving early

these guys are all on the same side what are they scared of ?

The atmosphere is crap now due to the make up of the crowd its a simple as that nothing more nothing less.

As others have said the club have driven our more vocal fans away to be replaced by happy clappers . Doesn't mean the match going fans now are less loving of the club just a different type of fan.

Most big clubs are heading this way although I think we're the worst atmosphere of the big 6 .

I think we are more upset about what other fans might say because of Pep's comments than Pep's comments itself. Certainly feels like that...

Talks to much about empty seats, he gives the media and our opponents far to many negative soundbites.

Most people have taken a huge financial hit over the last 2 years, a multimillionaire criticizing working class fans pisses me off.
Did he specifically state empty seats at last nights game?

Did he specifically state empty seats at last nights game?
Why is he talking about attendance full stop?

Did he talk about the Camp Nou half empty for most Chumps league games when he was at Barca?

You don't give ammunition to the media to hit us with the Empyhad arena etc.

He should talk football not fans and the issue with tickets and finance.

Sounds bizarre when thinks about that… we are the one and only ever Centurions in English football history, and we don’t have a single song about it. Yet we sing about one derby game 10 years ago still (when a 1-6 at the Swamp isn’t even unique for us!).

I did make a song up about us being a bit of a decent team, to the tune of “Made of Stone” by the Stone Roses, that was sung in SSL1 a couple of times. But the vast majority of our fanbase aren’t engaged in City fan culture at all and we have no avenues to get City fan culture out there to the masses. So nobody bar a few hundred in SSL1 ever joined in with it and it’s never been sung since.

It feels like we’ve hit a dead end as a set of fans. We need a proper shake up.
Was it you who made up the “now we’ve got Pep Guardiola and the blues are taking over” chant?

Shame it hasn’t been sung recently - class chant. Completely agree with the rest as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.