Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The upshot is that you can be the greatest manager the world has ever seen and a tone deaf bellend at the same time. Who knew?

Actually we should all know because he’s got previous. Always referring to the rags ‘history’ when comparing them to us. Not just the rags actually, he did the same with Villa, Everton and others. All of it nothing but ammunition to our enemies.

Tone. Deaf.
And another thing…

He doesn’t seem to realise that the fans are out there on social media every minute of every day going into bat for the club against swarms of enemies, countering the lies, standing up for them against not just idiot fanboys from other clubs but the mainstream media itself. And yet he still can’t help himself from all but getting into bed with them.

I’m actually angrier with him than I thought.

Pep can go anytime . He thinks he's doing us a favour by managing us. 40000 for a midweek game is respectable enough when you consider the group stages of this competition are for the most part a non event. Maybe if he didnt fuck up our chances of winning it when it comes to the business end every year he could talk.
Fuck him and his "History Clubs" and blowing smoke up the arses of the rags and Dippers.
The media throw enough shit at the club without him giving them another stick to beat us with.

Pep can go anytime . He thinks he's doing us a favour by managing us. 40000 for a midweek game is respectable enough when you consider the group stages of this competition are for the most part a non event. Maybe if he didnt fuck up our chances of winning it when it comes to the business end every year he could talk.
Fuck him and his "History Clubs" and blowing smoke up the arses of the rags and Dippers.
The media throw enough shit at the club without him giving them another stick to beat us with.
Lol.

Do we have a picture of the crowd? I saw one on a different forum and wasn't sure if it was legit. Stadium looked basically full in it. Was it more a case of a weak atmosphere due to the late-night game a lot of corporate presence? Were a lot of people leaving early? Baffled by Pep here tbh
Not sure how to post pics but ignore the 38,000 attendance figure that seems to be doing the rounds. It was more like 45-46k in all honesty. There were probably only around 30-32k in the stadium at kick-off as thousands were still outside trying to get in and fans were still getting to their seats 15-20 minutes in. Once everyone was in, the much maligned North Stand was full from my vantage point in the South Stand. The only significant empties were obviously the away end (fair fucks to the Leipzig fans who did travel as their official club trip cost 1199 Euros!), CB3 (the last section to go on sale), and some hospitality areas. As a comparison to my guesstimate of 45-46k, we only got 40k v Lyon 3 years ago for the opening group game and that was with a much bigger away following.
The atmosphere wasn’t THAT bad. Nothing to massively write home about but it has been worse at CL games. As well as 114/115/116, 110/111 were on good form too but there were also chants starting from elsewhere in the ground.
I’ve noticed that early leavers tend to be more of an issue at league games than CL games so it was a little surprising to see so many leave early last night.

Was it you who made up the “now we’ve got Pep Guardiola and the blues are taking over” chant?

Shame it hasn’t been sung recently - class chant. Completely agree with the rest as well
Yeah that was me. It was an okay chant, it didn’t catch on so it can’t have been that good haha. But I always try and make up something different and original, Rule #1 for me when making up football chants is that I never use a tune that’s been done before by other sets of fans (or ourselves)…

Ive made a similar one up about Foden, another Roses song, “She Bangs The Drums”

“Have you seen him have you heard
The way he plays there are no words
He’s our Foden he’s out Phiiiil

Have you seen how he can pass
He’ll score the first he’ll score the last
He’s our Foden he’s out Phiiil”

(I know I’ve contradicted myself there as I said we need more new City songs not player ones, but it scanned well one day when I was listening to the song)

But even away from new chants, we’ve got lots of old City chants that don’t get sung anymore. For example:
We All Follow Man City Over Land and Sea
City ‘til I Die
Hey Jude (I don’t recall a game in the last five years we’ve sung this away from it being played over the tannoy, and it was one of our big full stadium join-in songs for years).

I’d have guessed 45k but yep, it was ‘full’ everywhere. No chance it was 38k even with the 7 Leipzig fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.