Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

He is not a native speaker and didn't probably think the implications through. But had he said he wanted louder support, the implication would be the fans were quiet, and for him this could be twisted as an outright criticism of the match-going fans. It's guaranteed his words would still be commented had they been followed by a silly comment from Parker. It's Parker who helped the media to turn it into a big story. It's outrageous that someone like Parker could tell Pep to basically shut up and stick to coaching. No wonder Pep was rattled.
Parker needs to disappear and become irrelevant he is a nobody with a big ego

No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.
Are you having a laff or just trying to wind us up.

I really wish he didn't say anything, as the abuse has been consistent and everyone has easy ammunition. What I think Pep was referring to, more so than lack of bums on seats, is the lack of atmosphere at the Etihad. It's very noticeable that we don't make much noise in comparison to some other clubs. There may be a good reason for this. We tend to dominate most teams, maintaining 70% + per game. This in itself creates a bit of a vacuum imo.

I really wish he didn't say anything, as the abuse has been consistent and everyone has easy ammunition. What I think Pep was referring to, more so than lack of bums on seats, is the lack of atmosphere at the Etihad. It's very noticeable that we don't make much noise in comparison to some other clubs. There may be a good reason for this. We tend to dominate most teams, maintaining 70% + per game. This in itself creates a bit of a vacuum imo.
Think the parker bashing should stop ,he doesn't speak for everyone but he his entitled to an opinion .
The football pg has given us is magnificent ,but he his a sulker with little man syndrome .

The club clearly does not care about the normal match going fan, the club is geared to attract corporate.

The club is not interested in what the OSC thinks, City matters is a PR stunt.

Just read a post from someone in saying the club has missed a golden opertunity to expand the fan base.

The north stand should have been completed already, this club will never be as attractive to new fans as it is now, the best manager, the best players and dream football.

Build the stadium, cheap seats and fill it, once a new fan is hooked, you have them for life.

We as a club have done the opposite, we have shunned the normal fan, bent over backwards for the corporates but we all know full well, as soon as our star fades the corporates will be off never to be seen again.

The CEO of this club does not understand this club, he never has and it shows throughout the club.

On the field we are magnificent, off it, we are a joke, and it pisses me off.
We're on the same page mate, just looking at the same problem from different angles. The club hierarchy only care about making money.

Probably true for many Blues who aren't / have never been members of the OSC.

I'm very surprised to hear that so few of the supposed diehards on this forum haven't heard of Kevin Parker, and aren't OSC members.

The OSC has been around for many decades, and has operated very efficiently for many years under Kevin's stewardship. It's a very successful organisation and plays an important role in the club and for supporters.

I suspect that a lot of (both recent and longstanding) City fans will have benefited more from being members of the official supporters club than they have from being members of the unofficial mouthpiece that is Bluemoon.

Can you really call yourself a supporter if you're not a member of the OSC? A question for another day perhaps...

In the meantime, don't knock a bloke who has the interests of the club at heart 100%, just because he dares to criticise the current 'Golden Child'. Kevin will be a top Blue long after Pep has waved farewell.
Like saying "can you be a German if you're not a member of the Nazi party".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.