Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Thought those kids in CBL3 were brilliant. Mainly for the reaction it got up there. What the fck is going on? Singing? Who are they? You would have thought that Harry the Dog and F Troop had invaded the stand. Well funny.
"Harry the Dog".
Now there's a name that I haven't heard in a long,long time.

South Level 3 was good again on Saturday especially with no away fans to bounce off for the 3rd out of 4 league games this season, petered out a bit second half as it was always going to in a game such as that where the opposition is still wasting time whilst 1-0 down. Perked up again last 15 when the united score filtered through.

Genuinely not a clue what some people expect with a 3pm kick off against Burnley, its hardly going to be the bastard El Monumental

Thought those kids in CBL3 were brilliant. Mainly for the reaction it got up there. What the fck is going on? Singing? Who are they? You would have thought that Harry the Dog and F Troop had invaded the stand. Well funny.
It was a school trip they were all at kids zone also, thought they were great for a while they got the whole usually very quiet block 326 section going, didn't last long but was entertaining.

Watching from overseas in China and it seems flat (not just tension) every game. Started to question if the media are positioning microphones in the car park. My Dad has my seasoncard in the CB upper reaches, and I hope he's roaring.

Other fans of other clubs will always notice one empty seat or one quiet moment. I always say, we're too busy enjoying the silky football and really absorbing it. The Etihad when it bounces is Elysium, nothing beats it. But, when the voices fall silent, it is a big space.

Thought the atmos was good on Saturday. Burnley were very quiet. The high point for me was the Burnley fan being ‘held back by his mates’ from entering the East Stand to chin someone.

South Level 3 was good again on Saturday especially with no away fans to bounce off for the 3rd out of 4 league games this season, petered out a bit second half as it was always going to in a game such as that where the opposition is still wasting time whilst 1-0 down. Perked up again last 15 when the united score filtered through.

Genuinely not a clue what some people expect with a 3pm kick off against Burnley, its hardly going to be the bastard El Monumental

yeah indeed. was in 110 or 109 and obvs not the most electric of atmospheres's but it was never gonna be that v burnley but good times anyway.

Watching from overseas in China and it seems flat (not just tension) every game. Started to question if the media are positioning microphones in the car park. My Dad has my seasoncard in the CB upper reaches, and I hope he's roaring.

Other fans of other clubs will always notice one empty seat or one quiet moment. I always say, we're too busy enjoying the silky football and really absorbing it. The Etihad when it bounces is Elysium, nothing beats it. But, when the voices fall silent, it is a big space.
There’s definitely something in that. I’ve watched games back like the United 2012 Kompany header game and the Liverpool 2019 Sané winner game, where the atmospheres were fucking electric in the ground, and both just seem like nothing more than not-bad atmospheres on the footage.

I’ve been to Palace where the atmosphere is bobbins and 90% of the ground don’t flinch never mind sing. The away stand makes more noise than their mini section of band geeks half the time. Yet you’d think it was peak Legia Warszawa at Selhurst the way it comes across on tele and that away fans never sing. Brighton fans were noticeably turned down whenever they sung in their derby a few weeks ago.

It’s all to do with the way they operate the microphones.

One thing I don’t get is the disparity between our good and poor atmospheres. The gap between them is huge! We can be absolutely brilliant but we can also be absolutely woeful. Yet any given three points are almost all as important as all others come the final points total at the end of the season, every game matters when you want to win the league!

I wonder if we still have a bit of a legacy attitude and culture within our fanbase of when we weren’t one of the top sides where we think that only the big games are the ones to get excited about? Finishing in mid-table and playing other mid-table teams didn’t mean a great deal in mid-table; but wanting to finish first and playing any other of the 19 teams is important, and our atmospheres should reflect that more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.