Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

It really isn't hard to just open your mouths and join in whenever a song is sung. Anyone saying atmosphere doesn't matter don't you realise thst you can directly influence what is happening on the pitch if you make some noise!!
Sing if you want. Don't if you don't.

Too many people telling other people what to do in life, we don't need it in football as well.

So a football stadium should be as quiet as ours then?
Most football grounds are exactly the same.
I found it quite ironic, the Leicester fans singing about our atmosphere, considering theirs was even worse than ours.
We were fantastic at their ground this season, where as there was no peep out of them. Generally most grounds aee exactly like ours was yesterday.

Every game I've watched on TV in the past month has empty seats. How many was there at Aston Villa today ? How many were at Arsenal last week ? Lets just stop it now and enjoy our football team.
This is the atmosphere thread, and the atmosphere is fucking horrendous!

I don’t care what other sets of fans have a shit atmosphere or a great atmosphere, i don’t care whether we or anyone else has empty seats (although it just feels and aesthetically looks better when it’s full), I go to watch City so I’m only bothered about our atmosphere.

When it’s good, it makes going to the game more enjoyable. Football is 50% the game on the pitch and 50% fan culture… and the fan culture side of things with our home support is desperately poor, therefore people aren’t enjoying that side of going to the game.

Yes, the football is great, we’re top of the league, we’re brilliant… that side of the 50% is fantastic; but the other side of it really isn’t! The vast majority of our match going support are boring buggers and sit silently for the most part of every single match.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in 315, I joined in, but literally hundreds, a few thousand others in the stand couldn’t be arsed and that’s what it comes down to.
That’s the bad thing in this thread… you can tell that the regular posters to the thread are all the ones who join in all the time. We’re all just exasperated with everyone else but I’m not sure that many others even bother with this thread, just like they don’t bother with joining in with the atmosphere. And any who do, come on and continually tell us that everyone else has a shit atmosphere and empty seats, and that atmosphere doesn’t matter because we’re top for the league.

What has happened to the 1894 group? It only takes a small group to sing, and everyone else joins in. Are they singing and no one is responding?

There were a number of empty seats in the home and away ends that would not have helped but nothing like the number missing at games in the South East.

I don’t care what other sets of fans have a shit atmosphere or a great atmosphere, I go to watch City so I’m only bothered about our atmosphere.

When it’s good, it makes going to the game more enjoyable. Football is 50% the game on the pitch and 50% fan culture… and the fan culture side of things with our home support is desperately poor, therefore people aren’t enjoying that side of going to the game.

Yes, the football is great, we’re top of the league, we’re brilliant… that side of the 50% is fantastic; but the other side of it really isn’t!
Weird how we’re all different, because I agree it’s great that we sometimes have a good atmosphere but I really don’t care if it’s crap as long as we win, of course. If it was consistent every game then you wouldn’t remember the good ones, which is part of it.

I don’t care what other sets of fans have a shit atmosphere or a great atmosphere, i don’t care whether we or anyone else has empty seats (although it just feels and aesthetically looks better when it’s full), I go to watch City so I’m only bothered about our atmosphere.

Yes, the football is great, we’re top of the league, we’re brilliant… that side of the 50% is fantastic; but the other side of it really isn’t! The vast majority of our match going support are boring buggers and sit silently for the most part of every single match.

They wait to be entertained.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.