Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Not one to jump straight on this thread and have a moan after a game but Jesus Christ that was fucking wank tonight. Haven’t seen Arsenal sell out their away end at ours for years and they rocked up tonight and rightfully took the piss. Ss1 can’t be blamed for clap alongs either as there were at least 3 blue moons in the first half alone alone with plenty of other ‘easy to join in with’ (TBTITLALTW, hey jude, Johnny stones) and fucking no one joined in. Say what you want about acoustics and away fans having the space under the roof but that was a big game tonight and if even 30% of the 3 other stands got off their arses we’d have drowned them out

Everyone who has paid extra money to attend tonight should be applauded.

Not only for attending and supporting the side when times are rough at the moment, turning out in large numbers yet again, but also for paying actual money to watch this turgid shite that is being churned up on a weekly basis and to pay to see a fucking shit lights show again.

Fans will get dogs abuse yet again but the anger and frustration need to be directed elsewhere and it never is!!
We beat top of the league 1-0 and our home support still can barely make a chant no excuses at all our home support just isn't very good

Not one to jump straight on this thread and have a moan after a game but Jesus Christ that was fucking wank tonight. Haven’t seen Arsenal sell out their away end at ours for years and they rocked up tonight and rightfully took the piss. Ss1 can’t be blamed for clap alongs either as there were at least 3 blue moons in the first half alone alone with plenty of other ‘easy to join in with’ (TBTITLALTW, hey jude, Johnny stones) and fucking no one joined in. Say what you want about acoustics and away fans having the space under the roof but that was a big game tonight and if even 30% of the 3 other stands got off their arses we’d have drowned them out
We had United in the FA Cup Third Round about ten years ago or so and were like we were tonight in the first half of that game. We only had a decent atmosphere second half that day because we were 0-3 down at half time and didn’t want a hiding.

Only three folk next to me I see at the league. Every other fucker had a camera and was recording all game.

Want an atmosphere? Fuck off the disney land crew.
Yes, fucking pointless going to the game a bit like the bizarre fans that miss 20 mins of each game because they can’t last a whole 90 mins of life without a drink or fag.

Stop worrying everyone.

The club have got what they wanted.

Lights out.
Laser shows.
Mobile phone lights twinkling inside the Etihad,
Corporate sections and themed bars carving up the Etihad.
A stadium full new supporters taking pictures and filming player goal celebrations instead of celebrating the goals themselves.
A new period of over zealous stewarding.
Tonight’s atmosphere will be replicated in the next round of the FA Cup if City are drawn at home.
And there will be a similar atmosphere, if not worse, against Leipzig in the CL.
I doubt the atmosphere against Villa at home at ‘4.30pm on Sunday’ will be any better.
But as long as the seats keep on selling out, the club won’t give a f*ck!
Good night to you all and the remaining atmosphere at the Etihad.

We had United in the FA Cup Third Round about ten years ago or so and were like we were tonight in the first half of that game. We only had a decent atmosphere second half that day because we were 0-3 down at half time and didn’t want a hiding.
It just feels horrible mate we should be bang up for it and having to listen to them lot take over our own ground. Players must feel it too

Stop worrying everyone.

The club have got what they wanted.

Laser shows.
Lights out.
Mobile phone lights twinkling inside the Etihad,
Corporate sections and themed bars carving up the Etihad.
A stadium full new supporters taking pictures and filming player goal celebrations instead of celebrating the goals themselves.
A new period of over zealous stewarding.
Tonight’s atmosphere will be replicated in the next round of the FA Cup if City are drawn at home.
And there will be a similar atmosphere, if not worse, against Leipzig in the CL.
I doubt the atmosphere Villa at home at ‘4.30pm on Sunday’ will be any better.
But as long as the seats keep on selling out, the club won’t give a f*ck!
Good night to you all and the remaining atmosphere at the Etihad.
Hardly, you think the owners are pleased with the piss taking ? I bet you if they’d had a crystal ball and seen what we’ve become they would’ve said fuck that and turned north to Newcastle or even the blue side of Stanley park.

I sat in 115 today and I have to say it's an absolute shambles.

1. You can't hear the back of the stand from the middle
2. Many different pockets of about 15 people singing completely songs
3. 75% in our singing section not even singing

People are so quick to say "stop blaming SS1, its the rest of the grounds fault for not singing", but SS1 is not giving the ground anything to work with.

Something proven many times before, is that the rest of the ground is more likely to join when the singing section produces a loud crisp noise. But SS1 only produces what I can only describe as a distant noise.

I understand the 1894 lot are trying their best, but until that new stand is built we need to utilise SS3 and stop letting away teams utilise it. That felt like an away game today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.