Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Hardly, you think the owners are pleased with the piss taking ? I bet you if they’d had a crystal ball and seen what we’ve become they would’ve said fuck that and turned north to Newcastle or even the blue side of Stanley park.
I doubt Sheikh Mansour or anyone at Silver Lake take in many City games to be honest. Maybe some of the bigger games later in the season but I doubt they tuned into an FA Cup Fourth Round game tonight.

I sat in 115 today and I have to say it's an absolute shambles.

1. You can't hear the back of the stand from the middle
2. Many different pockets of about 15 people singing completely songs
3. 75% in our singing section not even singing

People are so quick to say "stop blaming SS1, its the rest of the grounds fault for not singing", but SS1 is not giving the ground anything to work with.

Something proven many times before, is that the rest of the ground is more likely to join when the singing section produces a loud crisp noise. But SS1 only produces what I can only describe as a distant noise.

I understand the 1894 lot are trying their best, but until that new stand is built we need to utilise SS3 and stop letting away teams utilise it. That felt like an away game today
There must be an awful lot of people with sore hands in that stand today again. I knew what was coming from the first minute.

Stop worrying everyone.

The club have got what they wanted.

Lights out.
Laser shows.
Mobile phone lights twinkling inside the Etihad,
Corporate sections and themed bars carving up the Etihad.
A stadium full new supporters taking pictures and filming player goal celebrations instead of celebrating the goals themselves.
A new period of over zealous stewarding.
Tonight’s atmosphere will be replicated in the next round of the FA Cup if City are drawn at home.
And there will be a similar atmosphere, if not worse, against Leipzig in the CL.
I doubt the atmosphere against Villa at home at ‘4.30pm on Sunday’ will be any better.
But as long as the seats keep on selling out, the club won’t give a f*ck!
Good night to you all and the remaining atmosphere at the Etihad.
We usually have decent atmospheres in the CL Knock-out Stage. Even the 6-3 last season was decent against them for a Group Stage game.

There must be an awful lot of people with sore hands in that stand today again. I knew what was coming from the first minute.
The biggest problem of all for me, is how unaware the people in 115 are that the atmosphere is shit. So they literally have no reason to change.

For me SS1 is a lost cause, let's focus on improving things in SS3

I ended up in 128 tonight as I sold my original tickets back to club thinking I couldn't make it anyway I will never sit there again we was surrounded by chinnese tourists( I'm not exaggerating either so much so I thought we was in wrong bit).....all they was interested in was taking or going food kiosks every 2 mins or trying get someone's shirt not being horrible and nothing against tourists but to have so many together in one section is silly and certainly spoiled it for me and my daughter the atmosphere in that section was none existent even tho the odd few tried really hard ....shame really ......

Was expecting a good atmosphere tonight, given that it was our first Friday night home game in a long time, and because of the opposition. It was really flat though for most of the game. I’m in the Family Stand which is never the loudest at the best of times, but was noticeably bad tonight. Literally none of the people who are normally sat round us were there tonight, for whatever reason. Fuck it though, we’re through to the next round so not going to grumble.

I was in 104 tonight and it was decent. Not great by any stretch of the imagination. The Israeli guy next to me joined in with loads of the chants.

I think it’s about time the people in SSL1 stopped lecturing everyone else in the ground about atmosphere. The 50 1894 guys are great but the rest of the stand are no better than the rest of the ground.

Got into a bit of banter with some Gooners slagging of our support: I explained that I could hardly hear them either and that we have a bigger rivalry with Spurs.

As for people complaining about the home atmosphere, I must have missed your “deafening” contributions tonight

I go in SS3 (where we sing) and they normally move us into 116 for cup games, which I usually like. The last 2 they have put us in 113 and fuck me is it boring in there.

I was in 104 tonight and it was decent. Not great by any stretch of the imagination. The Israeli guy next to me joined in with loads of the chants.

I think it’s about time the people in SSL1 stopped lecturing everyone else in the ground about atmosphere. The 50 1894 guys are great but the rest of the stand are no better than the rest of the ground.
Still way too many people stood with their arms crossed in ssl1 that’s for sure. But from my perspective the ‘lectures’ are a backlash from being blamed for not singing the right songs/too many clap alongs etc on here. It’s better than nothing and even tonight when we get the classics going no one gets involved. It’s clearly not working the best but at least we’re giving it a go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.