Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

We did see some some slightly concerning incidents last night. Prior to the game, immediately after the coach arrival, there were loads of, what looked like, Real fans climbing up the lower wire mesh fencing of the spiral ramps and climbing in to the stadium to avoid paying. We reported it to the police who seemed disinterested other than saying they'd seen others do it and that they'd inform the club.

I agree, and there seemed to be a menacing atmosphere outside the ground before kick off last night. Seemed to be about 10 times as many people hanging around than usual & it was hard to move around. Did a load of non ticket holders just turn up to see the spectacle or something? Loads of dodgy looking touts around too
Anyway, all was fine when we got inside and the concourse & stands were rocking.

HALF THE GROUND!! Do be serious. The ground was mainly full of City fans. Gross exaggeration.

All big clubs have “new” fans or we’d be needing hospital beds. Many New fans become long term fans - got to start somewhere
There were literally thousands and thousands of day trippers there. If you want to pretend otherwise, crack on

I’m going to copy what ‘uwerosler’ posted earlier, which explains it perfectly.

No criteria for a ticket, only a membership with no requirement of going to a previous game, anyone could literally buy one 5 mins before buying a ticket, it was pot luck on if you got a ticket or not.

There are lots of examples of long standing blues unable to get tickets on here and elsewhere.

There has been an on going discussion about if for weeks and it’s been discussed on various podcasts as well. As I said the atmosphere is a separate point, which I thought was great. I’m not criticising the tourists/ people who got the tickets I’m criticising the clubs ticket policy… I’m not sure how you can defend that

The atmosphere was brilliant.

Yeah saw the earlier reaponse. Fair enough, and all perfectly valid. I wasn't aware of that.

I personally think there should be more games where a small proportion of that is available. But appreciate a total free for all on a night as big as this isn't great for those that regularly go to games and get tickets.

Regardless, the worry here was the atmosphere, and while there were pockets of 'tourism' as reported by some, clearly the atmosphere didn't suffer, it was in fact arguably better than most CL nights.

Last edited:
Well, real supporters like me, have been to many away games & quietly sat in the away end. Anything to get a ticket to watch your team. It happens mate, & even our saintly old fans have done it.
Didn’t realise you were a Real supporter. How did you get a ticket? There were loads of you.

I'd just like to add that some of those "fringe" fans have had season tickets in the past when were shit (pre take over) and during the early years of our current ownership. Probably held those STs for longer than some current holders. Life changes, job moves have meant giving them up.

Hopefully those who want to can move out of that "fringe" bracket with the new NS development etc.

Absolutely spot on, I had my season ticket for over twenty years including the worst of times. It also included some years where getting to the match took over three hrs each way. Circumstances (and I would add the club behaving like ticketing arseholes even a few years back) mean I no longer have one. The attitude of a small proportion of current season ticket holders that anyone without one is a jcl does grind my gears.

All that said, it's probably for the best I couldn't get a ticket for last night as it took me ages to get to sleep after just watching it on the telly, had I been there I'd probably still be wide awake!

Champions League nights for atmosphere have long since surpassed the atmosphere for league games, although I’m sure Sunday won’t be too bad!

Whilst people are potting the day trippers, maybe it's the tourists who bring the noise for the CL games?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.