Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere
This was only my second game in Etihad, the first was the 6-3 win in the derby, and the atmosphere was much better there
Now I can understand why the club needs to restrict tickets in important games
Ahh. You’re the tourist everyone was talking about. Why weren’t you singing?

Bit disappointed? You’re fishing pal

Every SC holder had the option of buying a ticket before Cityzens anyway. The problem was there were probably 12-15000 tickets that were up for grabs by anyone at all of which probably half went to literally anybody. Even having just one points criteria for those tickets would have made all the difference. There’s no excuse.
They didnt get the option before the big group of school kids from Scotland in front of me.

the club disgusts me

Ahh. You’re the tourist everyone was talking about. Why weren’t you singing?

Bit disappointed? You’re fishing pal
watch the game back mate

for at least 2 of the goals BT cut to the crowd and nobody is celebrating especially the last one.

don't get caught up in this amazing atmosphere crap

Someone told me to sit down after from about five rows back, wasn’t even elderly or anything, I’d say he was in his 30’s. I lost my shit a bit and politely told him to fuck off. If you can’t make the effort to stand up in the top half of 315 on a night like last night then perhaps the South Stand’s not for you and you’d be best relocating to the family stand or CB3.

Anyway positives far outweigh any negatives, that was a glimpse of what one end could sound like IF the club don’t fuck it up which is no guarantee as we see with the ticketing policy for last night.
I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere
This was only my second game in Etihad, the first was the 6-3 win in the derby, and the atmosphere was much better there
Now I can understand why the club needs to restrict tickets in important games

So basically you’ve only been to ‘big’ games? Let us know when you go to see us vs luton/Coventry next season

I should think everyone loved it last night, and I’m sure you know perfectly well what a tourist looks like. Doesn’t make his point any less valid. There must have been thousands of other Blues who’d like to have enjoyed it as well, but couldn’t get tickets, because half the ground was full of day trippers. I’ve genuinely never seen anything like it at the Etihad last night. Walked around the ground before kick off, got asked for directions half a dozen times and witnessed Madrid fans, shirts on full display, queuing at every turnstile.
That was one of the biggest and greatest games we’ve ever had at City and, whilst the atmosphere was excellent, it’s a pity that more long term City fans didn’t get the opportunity to enjoy it

Or maybe accept it for what it was: a footballing spectacle. It was the biggest game of the season with international attention from all over the world… you have to accept nights like that will bring a slightly different crowd than Everton at home. It’s just the way it is.

I saw some pre match footage floating about and I thought oh god it's gonna be tourist city tonight and it's gonna sound shit, but I've gotta say, it sounded fantastic on the box. The ground was full and it stayed full after the final whistle also. Well done to all.

Who cares about the thousands of long standing city fans who couldn’t get a ticket because of the clubs ticket policy.

One of our biggest games ever should have been full of city fans.

The atmosphere was pretty good as well btw, which it should be for a semi final, and of course tourists can come to the ground, but the clubs ticket policy was ridiculous.
If you haven't got a season ticket or membership card what do you expect ? Oh I support City OCCASIONALLY but I want a ticket for the semi final ? I'm sorry but it's pot luck if you get one or not...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.