Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I don't disagree one bit. And I see the frustration of posters like @threespires and others. At the same time, how and where does someone start, how do members get a chance to build points if there isn't availability for games without that requirement. Maybe the date of the membership comes into it a bit more.

This one seems to have been heavily imbalanced, but as a principle, a portion of tickets available as a free for all with a membership, once the SC and more regular match going fans have had their go at buying tickets is not a bad thing.

I've said this before but the membership now is just a permission to buy a ticket. There'll be that many members it's essentially just a re-badged general sale.

There's no issue with somebody signing up to the membership and buying tickets. They shouldn't be expected to be in the same pot for tickets as more frequent match-goers for a game of that magnitude though. If you want to watch the club watch them against the likes of Forest, Southampton etc and get a bit of purchase history. Those that have been going to those fixtures over the years are more deserving of a ticket than somebody that's freshly signed up to the membership.

Even as something as basic as a 5 year buying history staggered like 20, 10, 5 games and then the free for all would filter out most of those purely interested in attending the clubs biggest home cup game in its history.

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere
This was only my second game in Etihad, the first was the 6-3 win in the derby, and the atmosphere was much better there
Now I can understand why the club needs to restrict tickets in important games

If it was only your second game mate and you aren't just trying to piss people off on here I'd recommend you don't come back. The atmosphere is only going to upset you if you weren't satisfied last night.

I've said this before but the membership now is just a permission to buy a ticket. There'll be that many members it's essentially just a re-badged general sale.

There's no issue with somebody signing up to the membership and buying tickets. They shouldn't be expected to be in the same pot for tickets as more frequent match-goers for a game of that magnitude though. If you want to watch the club watch them against the likes of Forest, Southampton etc and get a bit of purchase history. Those that have been going to those fixtures over the years are more deserving of a ticket than somebody that's freshly signed up to the membership.

Even as something as basic as a 5 year buying history staggered like 20, 10, 5 games and then the free for all would filter out most of those purely interested in attending the clubs biggest home cup game in its history.
Very well put. They can build up some purchase history at less glamorous games... don't just waltz into one of the biggest games in our history.

Thought the atmosphere was class. Pretty sure the bloke next to me was a united fan, mind! And not even a young, student type - he was a bald bloke in his 40s. Got off at 3 nil. Taking a chance there cos there was a lot of booze drank for that one last night

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere
This was only my second game in Etihad, the first was the 6-3 win in the derby, and the atmosphere was much better there
Now I can understand why the club needs to restrict tickets in important games
Your second game at the etihad? I've been watching city since 1980 and I couldn't get a ticket. You're right they definitely need to restrict tickets to important games!!

If the ground would have been full of local fans, they would have stayed until the end as well.
Not sure about that based on past games. In any case it was great to see everyone stay to be a part of the celebrations at the end. Pep and the boys deserve to see that more often.

Your second game at the etihad? I've been watching city since 1980 and I couldn't get a ticket. You're right they definitely need to restrict tickets to important games!!

He must be fishing mate, don't get sucked in. The utd game I think it had the 5 game restriction unless he bought one by other means.

Hopefully the shit atmosphere last night has put him off returning.

Bang on Edgey. It really wouldn’t be difficult for City to have a couple of extra sales windows that reward Cityzens members who have a decent amounts of points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.