Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Last night was a cauldron. Like the Arsenal game, the fans really were the 12th man. The constant booing and whistling when RM were on the ball really shook them, you could see how nervous they were in possession.

The Spanish press picked up on it too.

"One might think City have papier-mache fans. The Etihad is a boiler. The atmosphere was possibly the harshest Madrid had encountered in years" - Marca

We've gone from plastic fans to papier-mache fans. Lol!

watch the game back mate

for at least 2 of the goals BT cut to the crowd and nobody is celebrating especially the last one.

don't get caught up in this amazing atmosphere crap
Well it was a great atmosphere in 306 and us FOC’s even did the Poznan. Why the negative attitude after one of our best performances ever?

Thought all the ground was great last night, but SSL1 was immense.

The Poznan done to 'We're going to Istanbul" was the highlight of the night for me.

Now wonder the Spanish/Marca Journalists are praising our support.

We intimidated the Arsenal and Real Madrid players. We need to do the same to the Chelsea players.

Last night was a cauldron. Like the Arsenal game, the fans really were the 12th man. The constant booing and whistling when RM were on the ball really shook them, you could see how nervous they were in possession.

The Spanish press picked up on it too.

"One might think City have papier-mache fans. The Etihad is a boiler. The atmosphere was possibly the harshest Madrid had encountered in years" - Marca

They had some possession?

I mean we had a two day window as season ticket holders to purchase, I get that some city card holders missed out that have more loyalty points though, it really is very touristy every champs league night tbh and no one moans about not getting a ticket in the group stages

Lots of season ticket holders don’t go to any cup games. Doesn’t matter who it’s against or what’s at stake. There are lots of former season ticket holders and long standing blues who are now citizen members though

i never comment on the tourist situation, but i got outside the stadium hour and 45 mins before KO. I have never seen as many people who where tourist outside the etihad, no surprise that a lot of season ticket holders missed out.

odd at the end of them game, was the club worried about a pitch invasion or stray fans ? All the players stayed in the centre to wave at fans, they almost looked penned in. perhaps they where told not to encourage fans to come over to them.

atmosphere was rocking, shows the singing can be done even on a high tourist night.
Wish Pep would come over to the south stand more,, especially after last night

One thing I will say for all them that got tickets by bad club selling practice or not.

At least they didn't leave on 80 minutes like regulars ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.