Etihad atmosphere

why does it have to literally link to city ? its more of a fans song. west ham sign I'm forever blowing bubbles, its not really about the club is it, we also sing were not really here - nothing to do with the football club.. a few years ago everyone was singing wonder wall against united. i think that would be a great fan anthem we could start singing.

Didn't Michael Jackson do that one?

The ONLY game I can actually remember a great atmosphere at was Hamburg in the quarter finals of the UEFA cup....6yrs ago FFS. That says it all really. Sure, the derbies create a bit of an atmosphere, but that's it. Sad really.

City fans make more noise booing the CL anthem than they do during the actual matches. No wonder our home form is shite when it's silent for 90% of the game. Fans should be making the ground a hostile environment for the opposition.

Minor point but it was more than 6 years ago.... Which makes it worse actually haha.

The ONLY game I can actually remember a great atmosphere at was Hamburg in the quarter finals of the UEFA cup....6yrs ago FFS. That says it all really. Sure, the derbies create a bit of an atmosphere, but that's it. Sad really.

City fans make more noise booing the CL anthem than they do during the actual matches. No wonder our home form is shite when it's silent for 90% of the game. Fans should be making the ground a hostile environment for the opposition.
It's not that easy when the oppositions fans are sat next to you, City will sell tickets to anyone & they don't give a shit if it's the home end or not. Happened numerous time to me before I got fed up with it & fucked the CL games off altogether.

Simple catchy song like this could be used. Sounds good and easy for people to get involved with, it can be kept going for ages, gets people up and making noise

Also sounds like football in the 21st century. Who sodding cares what the words are? It creates a wall of noise which is what is required. Could even be worth a few points a season. Or we can keep composing clever songs for individual players, sing in a half hearted manner, player leaves, then repeat etc......... Doesn't work

This thread always gets me shaking my head.
Dons tin hat here but what happened to the singing section? I know I'm in the third tier at the other end of the ground but I thought the whole point of it was to concentrate folks together who would sing and get the rest of us going.

It's been diluted. Cheaper seats in the third tier saw many move. The corporate areas don't help either.

as above, why dont we just sing something like this. everyone knows the words, it a manchester song, from a city supporting band. it would be great if we could get everyone singing it. it doesnt have to be about city specifically.

We did it.

All the runs that Kinky makes are winding.
All the goals that Rosler scores are blinding.
And after all you're my Alan Ball.

The atmosphere is ridiculous and there's no point in defending it. I was sat in 117 for the Celtic game and bar a few guys it was clear that nobody was arsed in singing or trying to create an atmosphere.

Safe standing isn't the answer. Of course it means fans can move freely to stand with their mates but the whole of 116/117/118/111 was standing anyway, standing does not equal singing.

I don't know what the answer is. Plenty of fa cup matches have reduced ticket prices, which still don't seem to affect the overall atmosphere.

It's frustrating looking back on the Hamburg game, one solitary game in almost 14 years in a stadium where our fans have created a proper atmosphere (taking the derby and QPR match in 2012 out of the equation as both matches had a much much different sort of atmosphere).

Why then and not now?

It absolutely MUST have some sort of effect on the players at times. Hostile atmospheres don't always win games, but they can help.
We've lost plenty of away matches in recent seasons where the atmosphere created by the home fans has certainly played it's part.

I'm a supporter of creating an actual home end. Other than that I have no idea what can be done.

Do we just accept that nobody is interested in creating an atmosphere, or at least not enough people are interested enough to perhaps make it happen?

Bluemoon as a song ain't great. We only sing two lines of it, ad nauseam.
I always think this song most reflects the way we feel about City; it's a Manc tune and is hopeful and reflective (similar to'Walk Alone'). Maybe Noel could do a version to familiarise it to a wider/younger audience

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.