Etihad atmosphere

How do the words inspire or connect to city in any way , other than the word blue.

We don't even sing the upbeat version , it's like playing a single on 33 speed for all you over 40s out there!!!!!

The upbeat version is fucking rubbish, Bluemoon is now our club anthem and has been for decades, a fantastic song when sung by the whole stadium makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.Sadly it doesn't get a decent rendition these days.

People looking at him like what is he doing standing up singing it's a joke these days. I love singing personally but I sit in the north stand people do the same when me and son sing it's a shame.

The ONLY game I can actually remember a great atmosphere at was Hamburg in the quarter finals of the UEFA cup....6yrs ago FFS. That says it all really. Sure, the derbies create a bit of an atmosphere, but that's it. Sad really.

City fans make more noise booing the CL anthem than they do during the actual matches. No wonder our home form is shite when it's silent for 90% of the game. Fans should be making the ground a hostile environment for the opposition.

The ONLY game I can actually remember a great atmosphere at was Hamburg in the quarter finals of the UEFA cup....6yrs ago FFS. That says it all really. Sure, the derbies create a bit of an atmosphere, but that's it. Sad really.

City fans make more noise booing the CL anthem than they do during the actual matches. No wonder our home form is shite when it's silent for 90% of the game. Fans should be making the ground a hostile environment for the opposition.
Do you not go very often?
It's true that the atmosphere isn't great for most games, much like at every other club, but there's always a few games a season where the atmosphere is pretty good.
Did you go to the Barca home game for example?

I've got a season ticket. It seriously is the only game I can remember where I've thought 'wow, the atmosphere is amazing'. Unless you count last game of the season and winning the league, but then there'd seriously be something wrong if there wasn't a good atmosphere for those games.

And no I couldn't make the Barca game, but I bet the atmosphere only picked up once we equalised or went in front...

Simple catchy song like this could be used. Sounds good and easy for people to get involved with, it can be kept going for ages, gets people up and making noise

Find something original that nobody else sings. (Nothing wrong with Bluemoon in my book, but people should slow down and learn all the words)
Find a song that's local.
Find something that is relevant to our current situation.
Find something humorous (It's what the Mancs are famous for)

James are a predominantly Manchester band.
How about next time the stewards tell you to sit down you break into 'Sit Down'.

Those who feel the breath of sadness
Sit down next to me
Those who think the stewards are mad with us
Sit down next to me
Those who find these rules ridiculous
Sit down next to me

Oh sit down
Oh sit down
Oh sit down
Sit down next to me
Sit down, down, down, down, down
For Man City.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Then all jump up together and sing;
Stand up for the boys in blue.......

No? I'll get me coat.

How do the words inspire or connect to city in any way , other than the word blue.

We don't even sing the upbeat version , it's like playing a single on 33 speed for all you over 40s out there!!!!!

why does it have to literally link to city ? its more of a fans song. west ham sign I'm forever blowing bubbles, its not really about the club is it, we also sing were not really here - nothing to do with the football club.. a few years ago everyone was singing wonder wall against united. i think that would be a great fan anthem we could start singing.

as above, why dont we just sing something like this. everyone knows the words, it a manchester song, from a city supporting band. it would be great if we could get everyone singing it. it doesnt have to be about city specifically.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.