Etihad atmosphere

Depends if you consider Moss Side local too, then?

It's a topic we can't shy away from, we are the champions of England, playing the best football this country has ever seen and yet, we seem to regularly have a larger proportion of stay-aways.

It was the final home game of the season and both my dad and brother weren't bothered, either.

Tickets that weren't taken up. That's an issue for both the club and our support. Greater Manchester has a population of two million?

I would rather Mancunians who can't afford to go were given the tickets for a fiver if there was enough prior warning from season-ticket holders that they can't or don't want to attend.
Plenty of "LOCALS" turn up rain or shine every home game.

No need to carpet bomb all "local" fans ..............a few hundred (if that) empty seats ...don't lose sleep over it. I don't.

Tbh as someone who can't get a season ticket, and knowing some people don't go cos they got work the next day I am peed off.. I understand if someone can't or won't make it but ffs I want that ticket , come hell or high water I get to the games and would love to be able to buy a season card

There was fighting in home sections and one friendly game they smashed hundreds of seats whilst singing IRA songs

Here is one dick in a UTD shirt

Ok fair do’s I was referring to the cl game, was in a carriage full of them and it was just harmless banter and outside at the gardens after the game. No time for any of that sectarian crap personally just thought it was odd that that the implication was that it was just them that they were the scumbags

Dunno about this - for certain games, maybe, such as Watford on a Tuesday night in early January this season. There were loads of tickets put up on the ticket exchange by SC holders that didn't shift. However, for last night's game, when I checked the planner yesterday there were only single seats showing in all but a few blocks. So to turn up last night, and see batches of empties in all areas of the stadium would suggest that a lot of non-attending SC holders didn't even bother putting their seats up for sale on the exchange. Let's also remember that a week or so ago, Brighton returned the 3rd tier of the away section - perhaps nearly 1500 tickets - which went back on sale to City fans, and from what I could see all of them shifted no problem. That would suggest to me that more non-SC holders would've attended last night if those chunks of empties were available to buy on the planner. Most fans will attend with mates or family members so to not see any decent availability of seats together aside from a few pairs here and there would've put many off buying a ticket.
I booked 2 tickets for 3rd level East stand about 10 days ago as these where the only ones available in the ground apart from odd tickets in other parts. The 3rd level I say was almost full but the rest of the ground has rows of seats unattended yet on the planner rhey were all sold so a awful lot of people couldn' be bothered by my reckoning. Shameful in my eyes.

That never crossed my mind as I've never needed to put mine up on the exchange! I do still think that some fans simply can't be bothered putting their seats on the exchange and it baffles me because it's a no-lose situation - it doesn't cost anything to do it, and if it sells then it's money off next year's season ticket.

yeah I would often use it as im from NI and only 25 so cant afford them all, usually do 3-4 european nights at the expense of 3-4 league games. I Also try to supply some to local blues but i usually hit my quota of 6 games on the exchange.

I find the system very good and when i had seats in block 126 by the bench...They often sold within the hour of adding them.This year it was 4 credits on 1 ST and 5 credits on the other. At £32.95 a game (love the city mark up as they are 93.20 seats) thats bring my bill of 1450 down to 1150 for this season coming! Last year it was 6 on each seat so i was paying only £88 a month or £880 for 2 93.20 seats.

@M18CTID you need to teach yourself. Big savings and a good feeling that other cityzens can benefit.

Season tickets were at one time for fans who didn't want to miss a game, times have changed they are now bought by customers who have the right to attend and leave early when ever they want.
Maybe the loyal 33,000 have earned our current success but perhaps it's come too easy for the others.
The difference in grouping you use between fans & customers is very telling and very correct.

I consider myself a fan but when I look around there's quite a few who would fall into the latter category. In the 'shit' days we were all fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.