Etihad atmosphere

I thought it was quiet for a long spell at 1-0, but it's been better and worse. Don't think we've had anything as good as Chelsea last year since then.

Excuses as expected

I don't think they are excuses, I think they are realistic reasons why noise levels ebb and flow throughout a game, and for a long period it was a frustrating 1-0 affair. We were playing pretty well, but 1-0 is rarely enough with City.

Perfectly normal crowd, no cause for concern in my book.

I don't think they are excuses, I think they are realistic reasons why noise levels ebb and flow throughout a game, and for a long period it was a frustrating 1-0 affair. We were playing pretty well, but 1-0 is rarely enough with City.

Perfectly normal crowd, no cause for concern in my book.

Thing is at 1 nil it could be Argued that this is the best time to ramp it up, if we were winning 3 nil the excuse would have been oh well game over, tight game nerves one sided lets go home

It was probably the biggest reason to give up my season ticket the match day atmosphere isn't there, it doesn't bother me in terms of what other fans think but as a watcher of the game why pay money to sit in a quiet stadium? May as well watch in the pub or at home

Gaudino believe me those noise levels are disgusting! Put your ego aside with deep sadness I think city has become a bit plastic and who would have thought!

Utd fans are such sad ***** to join another teams forum and post such drivel.

Get a life man.

I bet you're not travelling down to the south coast tomorrow, you probably fucking live there!

Thing is at 1 nil it could be Argued that this is the best time to ramp it up, if we were winning 3 nil the excuse would have been oh well game over, tight game nerves one sided lets go home

It was probably the biggest reason to give up my season ticket the match day atmosphere isn't there, it doesn't bother me in terms of what other fans think but as a watcher of the game why pay money to sit in a quiet stadium? May as well watch in the pub or at home

I think you see the game very different live than you do on TV. It would be the same in an empty stadium.
I do agree that many want to enjoy the wider atmosphere and matchday experience though - and if there's no atmosphere, they're missing out on something.

I think the atmosphere dipped after a long spell at 1-0 because we weren't creating too many chances, and whilst playing well enough, there was always that threat of an equaliser. Yes, maybe it IS the best time to ramp up the atmosphere in a logical sense, but in the real world at the Etihad, I think it's just a nervy edge to the fans who've seen us let a lead slip too many times, and rather than pump up the atmosphere we go quieter. We're hardly alone in this though, I think it's pretty 'normal' for most crowds.
The noise levels ramped up again at 2-1, before the last few minutes plus 4 mins stoppage when it gets a bit nervous again.

I think there's a general dip in PL atmosphere across most clubs, not just City, but I put that down to a shift in the demographics of the typical match-going fan. It's probably most prevalent amongst the popular clubs - like Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United etc, less so at Burnley or Palace.

I think you see the game very different live than you do on TV. It would be the same in an empty stadium.
I do agree that many want to enjoy the wider atmosphere and matchday experience though - and if there's no atmosphere, they're missing out on something.

I think the atmosphere dipped after a long spell at 1-0 because we weren't creating too many chances, and whilst playing well enough, there was always that threat of an equaliser. Yes, maybe it IS the best time to ramp up the atmosphere in a logical sense, but in the real world at the Etihad, I think it's just a nervy edge to the fans who've seen us let a lead slip too many times, and rather than pump up the atmosphere we go quieter. We're hardly alone in this though, I think it's pretty 'normal' for most crowds.
The noise levels ramped up again at 2-1, before the last few minutes plus 4 mins stoppage when it gets a bit nervous again.

I think there's a general dip in PL atmosphere across most clubs, not just City, but I put that down to a shift in the demographics of the typical match-going fan. It's probably most prevalent amongst the popular clubs - like Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United etc, less so at Burnley or Palace.

I agree the atmosphere isn't what it was, I just find it strange that some are desperate to pretend otherwise, I do hand on heart though think we are one of the worst and it pains me to say so

Need to put another £100 on season cards and make it all inclusive with decent beer, shots, cocktail bars and topless waitresses. It was bobbins today fair play to the mackems, made south stand shake when they scored.

Is the atmosphere at home better then? Do you sing alone or with a backing track? :)

Is the atmosphere at home better then? Do you sing alone or with a backing track? :)

The atmosphere at home is similar but I don't have to put up with dead head scrotes plus the beer and toilets are much superior, plus if we score the wife flashes her tits

The atmosphere at home is similar but I don't have to put up with dead head scrotes plus the beer and toilets are much superior, plus if we score the wife flashes her tits
Haha the scrotes seem to be multiplying. Having not seen your wife or her tits that I know of then I can't comment on whether or not her flashing would augment the match day experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.