Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Marvin said:
Do you think training at the new complex will be radically different at the new complex?

Aren't we overstating the importance of the Training Ground? We have very good facilities already

Well I'm sure the mew facilities are better, but it's hard to visualise a return on the investment apart from as a FFP dodge. The thought crosses my mind about the other clubs bought, too.

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
Do you think training at the new complex will be radically different at the new complex?

Aren't we overstating the importance of the Training Ground? We have very good facilities already

Well I'm sure the mew facilities are better, but it's hard to visualise a return on the investment apart from as a FFP dodge. The thought crosses my mind about the other clubs bought, too.

How is it an FFP dodge?

Manchester1894 said:
Latest inside pic:

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuMp8AFIIAAlByx.jpg:large[/bigimg]
Source: Twitter - ‏@danny_motion 4h

I know 212-ers are nervous but anywhere under that stand on a wet and windy day I'd be fucking shitting it. haha

Pitch a few days back:

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt9vWdkIgAAtMc4.jpg:large[/bigimg]
Source: <a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/davidbl07101973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/davidbl07101973</a>
What's going on with the 3 new rows of seats then ? Has. The wall gone. Forward or what? all the picture s pre season have had mini diggers pitch side ?

Looks like diggers are gone - stage 1 of front 3 rows is probably done - next stage (demolish current front wall to allow new seats to be slotted in) may have to wait for next summer - can't remember what the phased plan said

DiscoSteve said:
Looks like diggers are gone - stage 1 of front 3 rows is probably done - next stage (demolish current front wall to allow new seats to be slotted in) may have to wait for next summer - can't remember what the phased plan said

Phased plan said excavation this summer. The 3 rows fitted next summer.

Gray said:
Manchester1894 said:
I know 212-ers are nervous but anywhere under that stand on a wet and windy day I'd be fucking shitting it. haha

I am in 212 along with De Niro and I will be off to the concourse if it starts raining.

Also I will be asking the club for a refund or wet weather allowance, no roof = reduced ticket price in my book.

Being honest i have thought the same about the roof! I'm in the South Stand and surely we must get some sort of compo it's gonna be fucking awful come the winter.

DiscoSteve said:
Not sure what they have been digging that looks like the old blue shreaded tyre surrounding from last season .wonder if there's a concrete base underneath but would seem strange to relay that over the top as just put the new seats in ?

temp covers are definitely being put over the gaps - could be at the back too if your lucky

Some news on the housing:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.construction-manager.co.uk/news/manchester-council-jv-aims-deliver-55000-homes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.construction-manager.co.uk/n ... 000-homes/</a>?

Manchester City Council has set up a joint venture with the Homes and Communities Agency designed to help it unlock development sites and deliver up to 55,000 new homes by 2027.

The partnership, called Manchester Place, aims to create a “pipeline of development-ready sites” for the new homes needed in the city, which has a rapidly expanding population due to exceed 600,000 by 2030. In the 2011 census, the city’s population was 503,100.

Manchester’s chief executive, Sir Howard Bernstein, said last week at the launch that the initiative was about “trying to change our front door to developers and investors”.

He added that the city would not fight shy of using compulsory purchase powers to achieve the 55,000 homes in 15 years target, saying: “Our focus is on ensuring that barriers to development are removed as much as possible. This includes using compulsory purchase powers, so that our ambitions are not constrained by any unreasonable behaviour.”

Sir Howard Bernstein, Manchester City Council

Manchester Place will work with investors, developers and contractors to assemble land and prepare it for development, exploit market intelligence from the council and coordinate the city’s response to government initiatives on house building. Receipts from land sales will be recycled for housing and associated developments to support growth.

Councillor Jeff Smith, executive member for housing and regeneration, said: “Manchester Place will secure an integrated approach by Manchester and the HCA to stimulating faster and wider interest in the city’s housing market. We welcome conversations with other investors, both international and UK-based, about the many opportunities in the city and will engage with landowners and developers to create a development pipeline for all investors and developers willing to support our residential growth strategy.

“This is a significant partnership which should have a huge positive impact on Manchester’s housing market.”

Manchester Place will put together an annual investment plan to identify priority areas for public and private sector investment, known as Investment Action Areas, to unlock residential growth. The first of these will be the emerging east Manchester neighbourhoods of Ancoats and New Islington.

Investment groups due to participate in the city’s housing strategy include Manchester Life, a joint venture formed last month between Manchester City Council and Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), the privately owned investment firm that owns Manchester City Football Club. Manchester Life is due to invest £1bn in local housing over the next 10 years.

It is hoped the joint venture with ADUG through Manchester Life will form a blueprint for future investment models.

Phase One of the Manchester Life initiative will see over 830 homes built in Ancoats and New Islington, with a total of 6,000 new homes planned by Manchester Life over the next 10 years.

The Manchester Life Development Company will oversee construction work, which is expected to begin next year.

citizen_maine said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:

How is it an FFP dodge?

Because you spend a hundred million which doesn't count towards FFP, then sell several academy products every year to add to the top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.