Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
Do you think training at the new complex will be radically different at the new complex?

Aren't we overstating the importance of the Training Ground? We have very good facilities already

Well I'm sure the mew facilities are better, but it's hard to visualise a return on the investment apart from as a FFP dodge. The thought crosses my mind about the other clubs bought, too.

Think you're on the wrong site mate.

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
Do you think training at the new complex will be radically different at the new complex?

Aren't we overstating the importance of the Training Ground? We have very good facilities already

Well I'm sure the mew facilities are better, but it's hard to visualise a return on the investment apart from as a FFP dodge. The thought crosses my mind about the other clubs bought, too.
"FFP dodge"?

Is that you Arsene?

Marvin said:

probably worse... i mean. look at the state of the complex. the mini ground is a little small and the indoor arena looks like irlam baths...
its only a matter of time before we regress into a second division outfit as the players will get lazy .
i`m very very unimpressed.
#movebacktoplattlanenow

on another note. is there a tunnel connecting the coms with the complex

Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (continue

dazng said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:

I suppose the business of football is beyond many on here. It's just free oil money

Irlamblue said:
Marvin said:

probably worse... i mean. look at the state of the complex. the mini ground is a little small and the indoor arena looks like irlam baths...
its only a matter of time before we regress into a second division outfit as the players will get lazy .
i`m very very unimpressed.
#movebacktoplattlanenow

on another note. is there a tunnel connecting the coms with the complex
Merely pointing out that the comparison should be made not with what was there before, but with what we have at Carrington. It looks impressive, but I'm sure Carrington's training pitches do the job too. The ones at the Etihad are special are they. Radically different because they are woven with special grass etc.

Most kids don't have footballs, they have rolled up rags, or a small ball if they are lucky yet most of the world produces better footballers.

Of course we should strive for the best facilities possible, but that's the final 2-3%. Playing at the margins.

Marvin said:
Most kids don't have footballs, they have rolled up rags, or a small ball if they are lucky yet most of the world produces better footballers.

Of course we should strive for the best facilities possible, but that's the final 2-3%. Playing at the margins.

Didn't the guy who runs the cycling (Dave Brailsford?) say that it was the accumulation of small advantages that made the
Olympic team so successful? Having practice pitches that replicate Anfield & The Emirates for example should help in our
preparations for those specific away games.

Didsbury Dave said:
dazng said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I suppose the business of football is beyond many on here. It's just free oil money

Still enjoying the fishing I see mate. Hope you throw them back at some point

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
dazng said:

Still enjoying the fishing I see mate. Hope you throw them back at some point

I'm honestly not fishing. I think it's a legitimate discussion. The new academy will have to bear serious fruit to give a return on the investment. Obviously it's a long term project and I trust the decision makers to get it right.

But if it wasn't for the sheikh being so rich, this would be seen as a huge gamble.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Marvin said:

Didn't the guy who runs the cycling (Dave Brailsford?) say that it was the accumulation of small advantages that made the
Olympic team so successful? Having practice pitches that replicate Anfield & The Emirates for example should help in our
preparations for those specific away games.
maybe he did, but the comparison makes my point

In minority sports, investment in all important facilities like Velodromes increases the pool of potential winners / participants.

Anyone could invest in Velodromes and Cycling infrastructure and get results. But everyone plays football, and the more impoverished you are, the more likely you are to get good at the sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.