Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

nmc said:
Blue Haze said:
Eagle and motto modeled after the US seal. Wonder why Benfica it on their stadium?

american%20eagle-e%20pluribus%20unum.png

In times of war the Eagle on the US seal looks the other way toward the arrows.

this is a myth I had to google it though you had me for a minute

it faces this way so it always faces forward when the flag is carried

Bluep*ss said:
Is there any plans in the pipeline about the Gasometer which is North of the Stadium. Who owns it? Is it going to be dismantled?
Just interested whether City could do something with it?

Owned by national Grid. Not sure if in use but this flat conversion would look brilliant.

[bigimg]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7454/10975531135_2c7f45a331_o.jpg[/bigimg]

whp.blue said:
nmc said:
Blue Haze said:
Eagle and motto modeled after the US seal. Wonder why Benfica it on their stadium?

american%20eagle-e%20pluribus%20unum.png

In times of war the Eagle on the US seal looks the other way toward the arrows.

this is a myth I had to google it though you had me for a minute

it faces this way so it always faces forward when the flag is carried

You are right - it should happen but never has. With US foreign policy the poor eagle would have a bloody stiff neck.

I just got a very simple wish: to get the blue lamps on the top of spikes working again. Now only one of eight is on. From the distance it looks like a blue crown over the stadium. Impressive sight. That's how I remembered it many years ago when I arrived to Manchester first time.

ManCityX said:
@mikekeeganmen: Bit of info on a likely opening time for City's Football Academy in tomorrow's M.E.N. #mcfc
Possibly Monday's MEN

Any recent pics from the construction?

And when will they begin working on the stadium expansion?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Matt the Giant said:
Any recent pics from the construction?

And when will they begin working on the stadium expansion?

Have a great weekend everyone!
I doubt there will be anything going up until the crane(s) arrive(s).

manchester blue said:
Bluep*ss said:
Is there any plans in the pipeline about the Gasometer which is North of the Stadium. Who owns it? Is it going to be dismantled?

Owned by national Grid. Not sure if in use but this flat conversion would look brilliant.

[bigimg]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7454/10975531135_2c7f45a331_o.jpg[/bigimg]

Is this the one in Dublin? That one is pretty smart, over 200 apartments but think it was mentioned earlier on one of the threads that all the pipe work in the area is still connected even though the Gasometers aren't used anymore and this was being considered as part of the wider development of that area as there is another one further down the road towards the City Centre

gouldybob said:
manchester blue said:
Bluep*ss said:

Is this the one in Dublin? That one is pretty smart, over 200 apartments but think it was mentioned earlier on one of the threads that all the pipe work in the area is still connected even though the Gasometers aren't used anymore and this was being considered as part of the wider development of that area as there is another one further down the road towards the City Centre
Yes, that's Dublin. There's some really smart ones in Vienna too. Do I not remember someone saying that we were looking to buy them up earlier in this thread somewhere?

Not much new in this. Other than a suggested opening date

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-city-etihad-campus-training-7170040

City's new £200m football academy could be open in October, MEN Sport has learned.

The finishing touches are currently being made to the sprawling, state-of-the-art complex across the road from the Etihad Stadium.

Blues officials have been guarded over setting a date for the opening of the site, which will be known as the City Football Academy.

But it is understood they are hopeful that the blue ribbon will be cut in October.

Work is nearing completion on a bridge over Ashton New Road which links the stadium with the campus.

The vast project kicked off in September 2012 and will see the club move from their Carrington training ground, up the road from rivals United.

It will include classrooms to cater for 200 students and on-site accommodation for both junior and senior players.

Sixteen football pitches will feature, along with half a pitch to be used by the goalkeepers.

A 7,000-capacity stadium, at the side of the main road, also appears to be near completion. That will host home matches for City’s Women’s Team who kicked off in the Super League this season and are currently playing at the Regional Athletics Arena at the side of the Etihad.

Reserve and youth team matches will also be played there.

A first-team building will house changing rooms, a gym, refectory and cutting-edge medical centre while staff offices and a media centre will also be located on site while a sixth form college and sports centre for the community continues.

Groundwork has also begun on the first phase of plans to extend the stadium itself from a capacity of 48,000 to an eventual 60,000. Around 6,250 seats will be added to the South Stand initially with more to come in the North Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.