Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think people are moaning.... it's critiquing, or giving an opinion on a new design.
No design is perfect and different things appeal to different people. Some like the plant on show, some don't, some like glass and steel, some like wood etc.

Nobody (as far as I know) is 'ungrateful' or unhappy, it's simply like looking at a new Ferrari and saying 'I still like the old E-Type Jag', or 'Not keen the headlamps'.

People are happy to discuss a new kit design, why not a new stand design?

What is the process for getting tickets for none season ticket holders anyone. The easy this is the more chance of filling it

A 7 behind which stadiums though? The Etihad looks miles better from the outside than most I've ever been to. It's certain miles beyond the Nou Camp.

Most modern stadiums are generic bowls and other newer stadiums look like glass office blocks. Wembley would barely look like a stadium if not for the arch.

The Allianz, The Donbass, and the (just) The Emirates - but I think we could match or better the Emirates with some work - there's not much between either stadium. The Allianz and Donbass are too unique.

The impression you get of a stadium can also be influences by the surroundings, and I think adding the new campus is like decorating part of your home, you make one look good and it impacts on the other room. I'm convinced City will do something to 'spruce up' the exterior after the North Stand is extended which could be a 2-3 years away yet.

And now this concrete wall detail......

I can't believe people are complaining about something that isn't even finished (what am I saying, of course I can believe it). There's 3 or 4 rows that have been added since and if you notice it during a match then I will be astonished.

OK pulled this from the Planning App - there is a total of four rows below the exit portals in the new third tier and you can see with more detail how much overhang is still to go in AND you can actually see the mysterious wall that we all missed
southstandseatdetail.jpg

Ok, something worth being picky about...

You can see on the SSN video that the new pitchside seats are a slightly different shade of blue.

Mansour out!

pYMYIBM.png

Screenshotted from the previous video

Red square shows some of the concrete has been added at the bottom of the third tier for the lowest rows of seating (Row A?)

Green square shows CB stand tier 1 pitchside seats lower in some sections than others, is this because new seats have been added at pitchside or that some have been temporarily removed to facilitate the ongoing works on the pitch

The Allianz, The Donbass, and the (just) The Emirates - but I think we could match or better the Emirates with some work - there's not much between either stadium. The Allianz and Donbass are too unique.

The impression you get of a stadium can also be influences by the surroundings, and I think adding the new campus is like decorating part of your home, you make one look good and it impacts on the other room. I'm convinced City will do something to 'spruce up' the exterior after the North Stand is extended which could be a 2-3 years away yet.

Spot on! That's what makes the Donbass look so good in my opinion. The collar site and landscaping etc will make it look incredible (if Qatar does get to host a WC some of their stadia will be top quality too). The South Stand has been well designed and eventually we will "spruce up" the place because you can already see how worn out and concrete the majority of the stadium is. In the design and access statement it showed the possible decoration the club would use depending on what event was being hosted, that will also help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.