Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. One of the forum's biggest cliches that one, isn't it?

I'm going to be a bit controversial here. I think the crowd is overstated for that game. The stadium was full to capacity, no doubt, but the away end which held a few thousand was practically empty, and the bit in front of the away end wasn't as packed as the rest of the kippax. I know because I climbed over the fence to get in that bit to escape the crush.

When we used to get 52,000 in the 70s and 80s there were always a capacity 6 or 7000 away fans in that section. With charlton only bringing a couple of hundred the stadium was full to capacity or even more.

make your own mind up people

Haha. One of the forum's biggest cliches that one, isn't it?

I'm going to be a bit controversial here. I think the crowd is overstated for that game. The stadium was full to capacity, no doubt, but the away end which held a few thousand was practically empty, and the bit in front of the away end wasn't as packed as the rest of the kippax. I know because I climbed over the fence to get in that bit to escape the crush.

When we used to get 52,000 in the 70s and 80s there were always a capacity 6 or 7000 away fans in that section. With charlton only bringing a couple of hundred the stadium was full to capacity or even more.

Way more than 47k..watched it back on YouTube ...there is not 6-7k available in that away section, if I recall City ended up taking it and by the end of the game fans were sitting beyond the white wall that separates the kippax from the pitch..

Way more than 47k..watched it back on YouTube ...there is not 6-7k available in that away section, if I recall City ended up taking it and by the end of the game fans were sitting beyond the white wall that separates the kippax from the pitch..
That was the season the away fans were moved into the Platt Lane because the corner next to the Main Stand had been closed for safety reasons. A few years later Swales told one of the fanzines (I think it was BluePrint) that the corner had been condemned but the club couldn't afford to rebuild the stand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.