Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I've been upstairs in the SC room it's been dead. hundreds of people usually downstairs and a few people upstairs.

I don't like Mary D's tbh, reminds me of the dark gloomy pubs my Dad frequented in the 80's... plus with the amount of chavs in there it sometimes feels more intimidating than being amongst away fans.

Regards to City Square, I feel integrating amongst away fans is better than dividing us. if there was one place specifically for them and one place for us, I feel this could create tension and at the current CitySquare I've regularly been amongst away fans and never once felt threatened or seen any bad behaviour.
Usually just friendly banter - sharing drinks etc.
Haha bollocks mate. I know you and you aren't intimidated by anyone. :-)

Probably City circle, they might have scribbled the remaining names on the project on a single plaque and stuck it on a grassy knoll !

It looked like a milestone, but with a City emblem on (what looked like a City emblem). About 2ft high at the most. I'll have a look next home game as I park just behind the chippy anyway

For a Boozer I've always liked The Vic but I've never been in Townley, only ever wondered past it.
Would love an indoors type city square with heating for those winter night games... And a cafe style outdoor part for the summer

On pubs round the Etihad The Clockface was epic back in the day - the worst most miserable run down 60's pub in the world but a belter on match day

As long as the seats and toilets are in for the Chelsea game then i'm sure people could do without a pie and pint for one game if the full internal fit out isn't complete. Really cant wait to see the finished stand in the flesh so to speak....
You could do without a pie and a pint? Are you feeling alright, mate? ;-)

Wonder if we will build an area for the away fans to have a drink, might as well get what money we can out of them!!

It was rumoured that the academy stadium was going to include a fan zone type area on match days many years ago, which would pick up all the support coming down Ashton New Road across from ASDA.

I would have thought the area underneath the end stand, which is quite large and has nothing in it, would have been ideal for this, plus it is indoors so if it was raining it wouldn’t be a problem.

I’m sure it would do well on match days as a few of the pubs in this area have already disappeared, (the Derby, the Queens Head & the North Street Club). It could also be used as an area for the away fans as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.