Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
14fd4150740429479bafab955350fbe9.jpg

City Circle today

It would make sense to do it across the entire exterior after the North Stand is done.
That's not to say we couldn't do it before hand, but you'd think from a project point of view, get both ends done, then do the exterior, so there's no obvious ageing issues from one end to the other. It would also explain not going overboard with the current South Stand exterior panels - which are pretty plain.

It would make sense to do it across the entire exterior after the North Stand is done.
That's not to say we couldn't do it before hand, but you'd think from a project point of view, get both ends done, then do the exterior, so there's no obvious ageing issues from one end to the other. It would also explain not going overboard with the current South Stand exterior panels - which are pretty plain.
Could you not turn that around though and say that the exterior panels are plain because they're going to put the illuminated mesh up straight away? From a commercial point of view they would be missing out on at least 2 (?) years of advertising revenue waiting for the North stand.

Could you not turn that around though and say that the exterior panels are plain because they're going to put the illuminated mesh up straight away? From a commercial point of view they would be missing out on at least 2 (?) years of advertising revenue waiting for the North stand.

You could, but they aren't in the initial artists impressions (although there is some additional strip light effect). Maybe it's a surprise!
I think I'm coming at it from an entire stadium point of view, as I think much of the exterior could do with a facelift. It's not like it's falling apart or anything, just that given the increased capacity and the academy, it could look even better with a bit of a makeover, and from that perspective, I'd be tempted to do after all the expansion work is done.

I guess we'll see in the coming weeks if they add one of those fancy mesh things at the last moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.