Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Eye Sore' is over the top.

The glass entrances still look fantastic, but the concrete exterior needs a makeover (imo). The posters suffer a bit because they are pale / sky blue and have a washed out look. It's cosmetic stuff that can be fixed if City have a real desire to do so, but like everything, it would come at a cost.

It's definitely not an eye-sore, it's simply a case of 'could be improved'. I'm convinced they will do so - it's just a matter of when the best time would be. How they'll do it is anybody's guess as the artists impressions of the stadium don't really reveal how (if at all) it would be carried out.

On a wet Wednesday, most stadiums look a bit dull, and on a dark evening when lit up, they look good. On a beautiful summer's day, ours looks pretty decent indeed, but like I said, we could possibly improve it.

One thing we do suffer from though is that it's hard to see it through the eyes of the rest of the world. We see it week in week out, and eventually it loses a bit of wow factor. I still think it's got wow factor for casual visitors.

Eye-sore was a bit dramatical, I'll grant you that. I just think that the outside of the ground could look a lot more appealing than it does. It is the focal point of the area, and when I compare the outside of the stadium to the outside of the academy stadium, the academy stadium, aesthetically at least, wins hands down. It just looks so much more pleasing.

Sorry if my opinion offends you. I'm just expressing how I feel. Like I said - inside the ground - ultimately where it is most important, I think it looks incredible, so I'm not exactly losing sleep over this.

I agree with your amended post, as do some others. Which in part is what we've been discussing. We're just not sure how / if it will happen and when.
Who knows, City might even read this thread and take on-board some ideas?

Why don't people wait until it's all finally completed before giving an opinion? Additional lighting, neon strips etc could be added yet. Nobody knows for sure? far more important to have the fixtures, fittings and snagging completed for August as they are on very tight timescales as it is. Cosmetically additional work may come later in the season.

Why don't people wait until it's all finally completed before giving an opinion?

-------------------

Understood, but then if that was the case this thread would consist of zero posts!!!

Why don't people wait until it's all finally completed before giving an opinion? Additional lighting, neon strips etc could be added yet. Nobody knows for sure? far more important to have the fixtures, fittings and snagging completed for August as they are on very tight timescales as it is. Cosmetically additional work may come later in the season.

Because it's not just about the South Stand, that's the catalyst which now makes the spirals and concrete 'plain' parts look older. It's like doing up your house, you get one room done, and it makes the others look a bit worse for wear. I don't see it as a criticism of anything, more 'how can we make a great stadium better?' discussion - but trying to keep it in the realms of credible.

There are parts of the artists impression of the South Stand though that meld with the existing parts, and as people are watching the progress of the build, they're just trying to work out close to the original impression we'll get, and if lights will appear etc. It's just idle banter ultimately.

anybody have any up to date pics of the interior of the new stand? Not seen any for a while

Come on jrb, weekend you said!!!!

Apologies.

Ianbishopshaircut posted his set of pictures just before Sunday.(nice set) And the weather didn't look great on Sunday morning. To be fair it cleared up later. By then I was doing some other stuff and didn't have time to get to the ground.

However, Wednesday is looking very good weather wise.

dAg9W0l.jpg

Will definitely do an update on Wednesday, including more pictures of City circle, or whatever it's now called?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.