Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it won't be 100% finished in time. It will be ready in terms of letting the fans in to watch a match but they'll be quite a few final touches still to do on the roof, internals & exterior (signage etc).

This 100% - I cant see the cladding in the South East Corner being ready myself and also where are the huge new drains / down pipes in both corners externally?

Ps - a fellow construction collegue is currently working on long term studies for East and West Stand feasibility.

This 100% - I cant see the cladding in the South East Corner being ready myself and also where are the huge new drains / down pipes in both corners externally?

Ps - a fellow construction collegue is currently working on long term studies for East and West Stand feasibility.

Surely they will be throwing the kitchen sink at getting it ready though?

I'm not an industry expert but do they not incur huge time penalty costs on not making the deadline?

What are the chances of a postponement of the Chelsea game?

I am laughing as i know one bloke in particular who is working on it who is known for his overtime - he will be practically living there as we speak. Laings will be throwing every single resource they have at it to get it done on time but they will be reliant on subcontractors as well. I am sure everything that can be done is being done.

Just based on 20 years in this industry and some insider knowledge it looks challenging to say the least. Will have a drive past after work and see how it is looking!

I don't think for one minute the stand wont open for the Chelsea game by the way. Juts might have a few Wet Paint signs and they might be drilling your seat in as you arrive.

I am doing the Stadium Tour on Saturday, any questions you want answering by the tour guide as they are the ITK ones (Seemingly) :-)

and also where are the huge new drains / down pipes in both corners externally?
That's a really good point - the water paths must be there somewhere - and maybe they've found a way to disperse the rain by a less visually intrusive route

I am laughing as i know one bloke in particular who is working on it who is known for his overtime - he will be practically living there as we speak. Laings will be throwing every single resource they have at it to get it done on time but they will be reliant on subcontractors as well. I am sure everything that can be done is being done.

Just based on 20 years in this industry and some insider knowledge it looks challenging to say the least. Will have a drive past after work and see how it is looking!

I don't think for one minute the stand wont open for the Chelsea game by the way. Juts might have a few Wet Paint signs and they might be drilling your seat in as you arrive.
I was hoping it would be postponed as I'm on holiday.

Do they have to have a test event at half or 2/3 capacity like they do for a new stadium?

I was hoping it would be postponed as I'm on holiday.

Do they have to have a test event at half or 2/3 capacity like they do for a new stadium?

Look out for an open training session close to the start of the season!! Free tickets to the 3rd tier. That would be my guess

To get a safety and buildings certificate there as to be a test event on the stand only , this will be done via an open traing session
To get this it's not only the building work finished but all access and exit control of crowd to work including stewards etc to know of all crowd control fire exits etc
It will be ready have faith in Pellers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.