Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a really good point - the water paths must be there somewhere - and maybe they've found a way to disperse the rain by a less visually intrusive route

The pipes are even on the new kit launch posters. The corners just aren't ready enough for the pipes to be put in IMO.

I know they've blamed high winds for some delays but I still think they've had a lengthy enough construction time to have this finished on time.

Even when we were skint we demolished the old Kippax and had the new one up and running within 12 months!*

*Yes, I know this new structure is much more complicated. ;)

The pipes are even on the new kit launch posters. The corners just aren't ready enough for the pipes to be put in IMO.

I know they've blamed high winds for some delays but I still think they've had a lengthy enough construction time to have this finished on time.

Even when we were skint we demolished the old Kippax and had the new one up and running within 12 months!*

Where do you think they have "dragged their feet" !?.

The stand will be completed with days to spare ahead of the Chelsea game... Stop worrying!

I am laughing as i know one bloke in particular who is working on it who is known for his overtime - he will be practically living there as we speak. Laings will be throwing every single resource they have at it to get it done on time but they will be reliant on subcontractors as well. I am sure everything that can be done is being done.

Just based on 20 years in this industry and some insider knowledge it looks challenging to say the least. Will have a drive past after work and see how it is looking!

I don't think for one minute the stand wont open for the Chelsea game by the way. Juts might have a few Wet Paint signs and they might be drilling your seat in as you arrive.

As I posted after my behind the scenes tour with other remarkable and handsome bloggers and tweeters Laings have a few hours each day that they could use that they currently dont feel the need to.

That tells me that they are confident it will be done.

Look out for an open training session close to the start of the season!! Free tickets to the 3rd tier. That would be my guess

Aye, there has to be an event for the safety cert and it wont, apparently involve the womens team

Went to Etihad today and after visiting Campus and viewing Stadium took a look in the City Store.
Just a little concerned that we may not be thinking about the needs of true supporters because my request for an Alex Furguson doormat was not taken seriously.
The security man referred me to sales girl who gave me the bad news but was kind enough to mention that they would probably sell well.

All I found was the usual City branded shirts, bags and Nike shoes.

A serious supporter needs to focus his contempt regularly otherwise we get angry and start posting on the Agenda forum.

Went to Etihad today and after visiting Campus and viewing Stadium took a look in the City Store.
Just a little concerned that we may not be thinking about the needs of true supporters because my request for an Alex Furguson doormat was not taken seriously.
The security man referred me to sales girl who gave me the bad news but was kind enough to mention that they would probably sell well.

All I found was the usual City branded shirts, bags and Nike shoes.

A serious supporter needs to focus his contempt regularly otherwise we get angry and start posting on the Agenda forum.

Wipe your feet on a drunk tramp next time you're out.

This 100% - I cant see the cladding in the South East Corner being ready myself and also where are the huge new drains / down pipes in both corners externally?

Ps - a fellow construction collegue is currently working on long term studies for East and West Stand feasibility.

Yeah, but this bit!!

I am laughing as i know one bloke in particular who is working on it who is known for his overtime - he will be practically living there as we speak. Laings will be throwing every single resource they have at it to get it done on time but they will be reliant on subcontractors as well. I am sure everything that can be done is being done.

Just based on 20 years in this industry and some insider knowledge it looks challenging to say the least. Will have a drive past after work and see how it is looking!

I don't think for one minute the stand wont open for the Chelsea game by the way. Juts might have a few Wet Paint signs and they might be drilling your seat in as you arrive.

But if it doesn't - then how are City going to proceed with compensating fans who have bought a new season ticket in that extended stand in good faith for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.