Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Threa

cleavers said:
Cheers jrb.

One thing your pictures give some impression of now, is how much bigger (in surface area) the south stand roof will be once completed, compared with the current one, and with it angled down, it should benefit atmosphere greatly. I hope the club get the seating plan right, I think quite a few of the noisier ones will relocate into the third tier, right under the roof.

I was thinking that today.

Look a the angle of the roof supports, they slope forward, meaning the roof should/will as well. This will keep the noise/sound/atmosphere in. The club and the Architects do listen to the fans after all. ;-)

I can see it being quite noisy and ruckus up there.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/2Hz7rJS.jpg[/bigimg]

Great photo's again, showing the massive size of the south stand..............

cleavers said:
Cheers jrb.

One thing your pictures give some impression of now, is how much bigger (in surface area) the south stand roof will be once completed, compared with the current one, and with it angled down, it should benefit atmosphere greatly. I hope the club get the seating plan right, I think quite a few of the noisier ones will relocate into the third tier, right under the roof.
Completely agree with this cleavers.

Let's not forget the last stand we had with an angled-down roof:

2-1.jpg

That kept the sound in pretty well at times.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
cleavers said:
Cheers jrb.

2-1.jpg

GDM,you cant go back in time..........wipes tear away as types

Tbilisi said:
cleavers said:
Cheers jrb.

2-1.jpg

Its funny but the kippax looks small in that picture, but from the front, and back, it always looked huge, all down to the roof I guess.

[I'm guessing that was a derby, judging from the away section looking packed ?]

cleavers said:
Tbilisi said:

2-1.jpg

Its funny but the kippax looks small in that picture, but from the front, and back, it always looked huge, all down to the roof I guess.

With those fences it would have to be after Heysel (pitch invasion v Charlton was a week or so before) and before Hillsborough (I'm pretty sure the fences were down in time for the 5-1 in '89 but in any event that was a glorious day) which means it could only be one of two Derbies (assuming it is a Derby).

85/86 & 86/87.

cleavers said:
Tbilisi said:

With those fences it would have to be after Heysel (pitch invasion v Charlton was a week or so before) and before Hillsborough (I'm pretty sure the fences were down in time for the 5-1 in '89 but in any event that was a glorious day) which means it could only be one of two Derbies (assuming it is a Derby).

85/86 & 86/87.

Fences were most definitely still up at the 5-1

cleavers said:
Tbilisi said:

2-1.jpg

And you can just make out the Subutteo headlights on the right.....aaaaaaahhhhhhhh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.