Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what's being built across the road (Ashton New Road) directly opposite the South Stand? Looks like they have taken back the grass bank and have starting building something. Not sure if City related though.

Are the East stand and new South stand same angle of gradient . could the East 3rd tier and South 3rd tier be linked up ? Because looking at these pictures, I was thinking if the new South 3rd tier was carried around, filling in the corner between the stands, what a monster of a stadium that would be !

The design of the South Stand was done with the view that the East and West stands could be extended to similar heights (the +70,000 seater option) - haven't seen anything that shows the stands all linked together at the 3rd tier level though

The design of the South Stand was done with the view that the East and West stands could be extended to similar heights (the +70,000 seater option) - haven't seen anything that shows the stands all linked together at the 3rd tier level though
Yes see the plans with the big screens in the corners, but looking at them pictures take off skysports, that 3rd tier looks so impressive .Hopefully in the near future, the club will extend all the other stands too, and what a stadium that would be .

I'd love to see the Colin bell and east stand to be rebuilt like the south stand, with just a little gap for the two screens in between each stand. Then the North stand to have one big tier. I think leaving a gap in between the west, South and Colin bell stands would give our stadium an identity which isn't seen in football, all other modern stadiums are the same old bowl shape which gets a bit repetitive. The North stand would look fantastic, I wouldn't mind seeing a millennium stadium type stand.

I'd love to see the Colin bell and east stand to be rebuilt like the south stand, with just a little gap for the two screens in between each stand. Then the North stand to have one big tier. I think leaving a gap in between the west, South and Colin bell stands would give our stadium an identity which isn't seen in football, all other modern stadiums are the same old bowl shape which gets a bit repetitive. The North stand would look fantastic, I wouldn't mind seeing a millennium stadium type stand.

That's what I think we should be doing with the North stand. It's also what's on the proposed new Spuds stadium design. A single tier "Kop" behind the goal which works with the bowl shape of the rest of the ground by having a wall along either side of it that marks the end of the curve of the side stands. It would be absolutely epic if we were able to do that, it's clear that if they can somehow change the roof on all stands the atmosphere will be incredible, I didn't think it would make as much difference as it has. Imagine a single tier stand with a roof material and angle like the south stand. Would be incredible.

It looks like the club are exploring that option as well which is good. Depends whether it can work structurally.

Any idea what's being built across the road (Ashton New Road) directly opposite the South Stand? Looks like they have taken back the grass bank and have starting building something. Not sure if City related though.

I saw that on Sunday as well. I presumed it was to get more pedestrian space, possibly extend the bus bays, but not sure. I know there were comments on here previously about the road being slightly re-aligned as it gets so close to the South Stand, so might have something to do with that.

@worsleyweb appears to be your man for 'snippets of info' relating to 'what happens next' with the stadium - @GXCity was also an ITK from days gone by not seen him comment on this thread for a while

That's what I think we should be doing with the North stand. It's also what's on the proposed new Spuds stadium design. A single tier "Kop" behind the goal which works with the bowl shape of the rest of the ground by having a wall along either side of it that marks the end of the curve of the side stands. It would be absolutely epic if we were able to do that, it's clear that if they can somehow change the roof on all stands the atmosphere will be incredible, I didn't think it would make as much difference as it has. Imagine a single tier stand with a roof material and angle like the south stand. Would be incredible.

It looks like the club are exploring that option as well which is good. Depends whether it can work structurally.
It probably depends a lot on whether they can do a single tier without needing to close the stand. I doubt they could, but they probably could do a single second tier version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.