Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were done by RMB2007(Some quick images I put together. Kop stand) on SSC.

A single and doubled tiered North Stand.(and Colin Bell stand)

TBH I much prefer and like the 2 tiered North stand. It wouldn't mirror the South stand,
but it looks damned impressive, and would make the Etihad the best stadium in the PL.

wIJ0sBX.jpg

Expanded west stand:

vk7oMO7.jpg

V4suoA1.jpg

Disco Steve thinks the single tier proposal can't be done. He explains why.(hope you don't mind Steve?)

Won't be that, can't tie it in as current 1st and 2nd tiers form a bowl - just second and third tiers merged is the option I believe is being discussed

Like this
alternateplan.jpg

V4suoA1.jpg

We've got plenty of time to discuss the North stand. Oh! The plans for the leisure destination and Etihad campus around the stadium look............. ;-)

Thanks for signing Nicholas, but can you move a bit further to the right please.

Nicholas%20in%20the%20stands3

These are all impressive but has anyone thought about those that leave early?
The rate its going they will have to leave before they get to the stadium.
Thats the problem with this club, no forward thinking or bothering with all fans.

If we had a two tier design think I'd prefer a big lower tier rather than upper. Maybe initially build similar to the south stand so seats arnt lost during construction, then remodel the first tier at a steeper rake and join it to the 2nd tier? That way we'd have a lower tier of 6k+ seats which could be converted to 10k+ safe standing at some point with an upper tier same as south stand

If we had a two tier design think I'd prefer a big lower tier rather than upper. Maybe initially build similar to the south stand so seats arnt lost during construction, then remodel the first tier at a steeper rake and join it to the 2nd tier? That way we'd have a lower tier of 6k+ seats which could be converted to 10k+ safe standing at some point with an upper tier same as south stand

Impossible. The rake of the lower tier is too shallow and is also below ground level.

It's a huge single 2nd tier or a separate 3rd tier like the South Stand.

Impossible. The rake of the lower tier is too shallow. It's a huge single 2nd tier or a separe
I meant rebuild the lower tier at a higher rake, Newcastle did something similar (albeit on a smaller scale) where they had a two tier side stand separated by a row of boxes which they converted to a single tier without boxes

I meant rebuild the lower tier at a higher rake, Newcastle did something similar (albeit on a smaller scale) where they had a two tier side stand separated by a row of boxes which they converted to a single tier without boxes

They can't because it's below ground level, with the concourse itself being at ground level. They'd also have to change the pitch level and that would destroy the sight lines for the rest of the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.