Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishful thinking maybe but I can see an indoor arena for events, as UFC have had an event at MEN Arena before and ADUG have a stake in UFC now, and with the sports popularity over here and also City doing events at the GMEX - it makes sense to have their own indoor arena next to the stadium.
Concerts, Maybe an Ice Hockey/Basketball team?

On matchdays maybe they could make the indoor arena one big bar area for fans.

Wishful thinking maybe but I can see an indoor arena for events, as UFC have had an event at MEN Arena before and ADUG have a stake in UFC now, and with the sports popularity over here and also City doing events at the GMEX - it makes sense to have their own indoor arena next to the stadium.

That seems like the most realistic idea to me. Ajax have something similar next to their ground. An indoor arena with beer, music and TV footage pre match. Songs building for a couple of hours before kick off. Would be great.

Its like the final piece in the jigsaw and i think it be something spectacular. I think an indoor arena makes sense but i think that would just be an element of a much bigger plan.

UFC? - Utterly Fucking Crap - its not a sport

Hehe... Have a go at competing in the sport, train for many hours, days, years learning martial arts - then tell me it ain't a sport.
It's fucking tough believe me... I thought I was a tough bastard until I started doing MMA.

Back on topic, The indoor arena is a necessity and although I don't think it would be the "main" project at the Etihad campus, it would benefit the area tremendously, having a wider variety of sports, live entertainment, and an indoor place to get the match atmosphere going before a game.

Ive seen it at the MEN Arena were they have say on one night held a concert there, the next day all the seat infrastructure has been removed and they've held an exhibition event there, day after that they've held Boxing.

to be clear I wasn't dissing the effort competitors put in - but its basically made for TV fighting

On topic - I can't see there being any kind of Indoor Arena built on the Collar Site with the biggest capacity indoor arena in the country just up the road in the city centre

to be clear I wasn't dissing the effort competitors put in - but its basically made for TV fighting

On topic - I can't see there being any kind of Indoor Arena built on the Collar Site with the biggest capacity indoor arena in the country just up the road in the city centre

So what's Boxing then?
Try explaining to Hatton, Lewis, Banks, Quigg that this ain't a sport.
MMA incorporates Boxing.

And Good point regarding the MEN Arena but ADUG don't own this as far as I'm aware, if they built their own arena they could incorporate related city events, tie in sponsorship deals maybe name it the Nissan Arena or something, and possibly create a new sport team such as ice hockey or basketball... Further generating revenue.

I mainly want it as a place to get a nice pint before a match :D

Please - No big retail park like as seen at the Reebok stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.