Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the North Stand ending up as a 20,000 end - they'd have to put defibrilators in up every aisle towards the top to get enough rows in - and physically (because of the existing cablenet and supporting poles at the ends) can't do it

If you look at the North Stand as it stands (between 134-139, 234-239) and the South Stand Extended Third Tier (313-318), you get:-

approx 3,700 in the lower tier
approx 2,200 in the second tier
approx 6,250 in third tier as per current south stand

So that makes a total of 12,150 in the extended North Stand if a three tier approach is taken. Can't see how much different a lower tier plus huge second tier would make to these numbers at the same overall dimensions as constrained by existing cable-net restrictions.

Sucking the lower two tiers corners (140,240,241 + 132,232,233 [my old block]), into an 'end stand' would add approx 2,600 in the first two tiers resulting a new 'end' total of 14,750

At the expense of the screens in their current location, corner fill in on the third tier could add another 2,300 to the 'end' to get to 17,000

So I'm struggling to see where the other 3,000 (minimum) are going because it would take an additional 15 rows (see defib comment) over and above a third tier the same size of the South Stand to get there...

phew.... just my twopenneth

I await for someone with closeness to the project to correct the assumptions/assertions I've described above based on the original Planning App Diagrams

I can't see the North Stand ending up as a 20,000 end - they'd have to put defibrilators in up every aisle towards the top to get enough rows in - and physically (because of the existing cablenet and supporting poles at the ends) can't do it

If you look at the North Stand as it stands (between 134-139, 234-239) and the South Stand Extended Third Tier (313-318), you get:-

approx 3,700 in the lower tier
approx 2,200 in the second tier
approx 6,250 in third tier as per current south stand

So that makes a total of 12,150 in the extended North Stand if a three tier approach is taken. Can't see how much different a lower tier plus huge second tier would make to these numbers at the same overall dimensions as constrained by existing cable-net restrictions.

Sucking the lower two tiers corners (140,240,241 + 132,232,233 [my old block]), into an 'end stand' would add approx 2,600 in the first two tiers resulting a new 'end' total of 14,750

At the expense of the screens in their current location, corner fill in on the third tier could add another 2,300 to the 'end' to get to 17,000

So I'm struggling to see where the other 3,000 (minimum) are going because it would take an additional 15 rows (see defib comment) over and above a third tier the same size of the South Stand to get there...

phew.... just my twopenneth

I await for someone with closeness to the project to correct the assumptions/assertions I've described above based on the original Planning App Diagrams

Disco Steve - my reference to 20,000 was very global to be honest - just an estimate on what a huge end could hold. I have no further updates if single tier or symmetrical (which would be my preference). The only update are have is that the club are taking numbers with Laing.

ww I didn't notice who made the 20,000 quote so no criticism intended - just wanted to set some expectations based on the physical constraints mandated by the existing cablenet

I have also noticed from some of the photos taken from the back row of SS3 that the existing cablenet under the new south stand roof obscures SS3 views of the north stand lower tier which with my uneducated eye would suggest maybe only 3 or 4 more rows could have been tagged on the back of SS3 before the cable-net then obscured part of the playing surface for people sat way up there

Of course if the sides are done then all bets are off as the existing cablenet and its support structures could be ripped out

I want to ask this question to fellow City Supporters who are season card holders and attend city matches regularly . I am a big fan of huge stadiums and Etihad reaching 70K has been a fantasy for me . My fellow rag friends often taunt me over half filled stands ..As i dont live in UK , i have to depend on reports and articles to understand the exact picture and ticket demand in Manchester for my beloved City . Most reports mock us for our inability to fill up stands even against the likes of Juve .. However some contradictory reports in our favour say that all such articles branding us as Emptihad actually click pics of less filled Family ends ( as on midweek, family stands are less likely to fill ) . But if this is true , then do old trafford/emirates family stand also have vacant seats on midweek games .

One more point , i know we are all mad about city and our opinions are usually biased as we look at things from our blue tinted glasses ..But I want an insight at the real honest picture in this context . Watching the other two stands developed and seeing Etihad as a complete beautiful bowl with ~70-75 K capacity is my my ultimate fantasy , but I wonder when will we consider developing the other two stands ( for if we cant always fill 54K for CL games currently , as some reports claim )

In response to your rag mates this might explain the reality http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ealed-manchester-uniteds-old-trafford-2592078

Invariably the large gaps in the crowd tend to be in the away section, neither Chelsea or Watford filled the 3rd tier and West ham didn't try. Juventus had no one up there hence the empty void.

Based on the attendance declared for the West Ham game, if an away team can max out a two tier allocation we should just squeak over 55,000 - which would be nice!

Based on the attendance declared for the West Ham game, if an away team can max out a two tier allocation we should just squeak over 55,000 - which would be nice!

I cant see it Steve - think we got 54,300 v Chelsea - add 300 or so seats that are still frustratingly still not in around the Service Tunnel and maybe an extra 300 corporate seats not sold and I still don't think we will hit 55k. Just don't think it quite holds it - will be interesting to see how many we get vs the Rags.

In response to your rag mates this might explain the reality http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ealed-manchester-uniteds-old-trafford-2592078

Invariably the large gaps in the crowd tend to be in the away section, neither Chelsea or Watford filled the 3rd tier and West ham didn't try. Juventus had no one up there hence the empty void.

Depends what you call large gaps, but if we're being honest with ourselves, the North Stand is a clear problem. Whatever the reason, there are often empty seats there. It's not huge swathes or anything, but it's certainly enough to be noticed. There's also a fair few in the middle of the East Stand which I assume is corporate? I can't easily tell what it's like in the CB stand (as that's where I am).

People do exaggerate the problem though, and I've seen plenty of other top clubs with the same issue - Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, but for some reason we seem to have empty seats right in the line of sight.

The problem doesn't seem random though, it's definitely in specific areas for some reason.

Whatever gives us the most seats without having to close that end during construction. Worsley mentions and end of 20k, but that is a lot more than the expanded South Stand. Is that really possible?

With regards to capacity, a successful team can fill any stand in time with the right ticketing pricing. We've gone from 34k to 47k and now to 54k. We're filling the Etihad now and selling the away end to home fans.

City need to take my OCD into account here, if it doesn't look the same i'm not sure how i'll cope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.