Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to ask this question to fellow City Supporters who are season card holders and attend city matches regularly . I am a big fan of huge stadiums and Etihad reaching 70K has been a fantasy for me . My fellow rag friends often taunt me over half filled stands ..As i dont live in UK , i have to depend on reports and articles to understand the exact picture and ticket demand in Manchester for my beloved City . Most reports mock us for our inability to fill up stands even against the likes of Juve .. However some contradictory reports in our favour say that all such articles branding us as Emptihad actually click pics of less filled Family ends ( as on midweek, family stands are less likely to fill ) . But if this is true , then do old trafford/emirates family stand also have vacant seats on midweek games .

One more point , i know we are all mad about city and our opinions are usually biased as we look at things from our blue tinted glasses ..But I want an insight at the real honest picture in this context . Watching the other two stands developed and seeing Etihad as a complete beautiful bowl with ~70-75 K capacity is my my ultimate fantasy , but I wonder when will we consider developing the other two stands ( for if we cant always fill 54K for CL games currently , as some reports claim )

Many reds questioned why we were expanding citing the the visible empty seats as some home matches over the last few seasons. Fact is these seats were sporadic and for home matches you never saw blocks or multiple rows of seats empty giving rise to any lack of demand. Reds cam up with this 20000 empty seat myth based on attendances for cup games over the years where the ground has often not been full to capacity. City aren't alone as far as that goes either.

The expansion this season has been a massive success in my opinion with the ground being practically full in the home end for every game so far. Away attendances from supposed big clubs for me is a concern but I think that's the case for all fans. Reds still go looking for blue seats on their TV screens but these are the same reds that didn't think we could justify expansion. They've conveniently forgotten that the ground held just over 45000 last season and just over 47000 prior to expanding. We're now easily getting crowds of above 53000 with further seats still to be installed.

As far as our "neighbours" are concerned, well they suffer from empty seats too and don't let them fool you into thinking they don't! Their ground was far from full against Ipswich midweek and even for league games they have empty seats visible. Most I'm told are up in the far reaches of the quadrants which clearly aren't visible on camera. If you watch Arsenal you can see many visible red seats for some league and especially cup games. This whole empty seat thing is bullshit though as every club has them for whatever reason. Social media has really used it as a stick to beat City with probably born out of resentment from fans of those very clubs we've taken success away from.

As for further expansion I hope the club do it. The club have proven that we can fill expanded stadia and still has a viable waiting list as far as I'm aware. Commitment to a season ticket is what puts bums on seats as we can can all swerve games when we don't have one! Continued success on the pitch will also help the club as the many kids who now quite visibly support City rather than United which wasn't the case a few years ago grow up and attend more games. Pricing is also essential and I truly hope the club does more to make it accessible for fans of all ages.

Depends what you call large gaps, but if we're being honest with ourselves, the North Stand is a clear problem. Whatever the reason, there are often empty seats there. It's not huge swathes or anything, but it's certainly enough to be noticed. There's also a fair few in the middle of the East Stand which I assume is corporate? I can't easily tell what it's like in the CB stand (as that's where I am).

People do exaggerate the problem though, and I've seen plenty of other top clubs with the same issue - Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, but for some reason we seem to have empty seats right in the line of sight.

The problem doesn't seem random though, it's definitely in specific areas for some reason.

I sit in the family stand and for the most part I would put it down to non attending kids. Season tickets are cheaper (£125) so if my lad can't attend for any reason it's not a huge loss financially.

I don't understand why anyone will have anxieties about empty seats because some of their so called raggy mates on twitter spend more time concerned with spotting empty seats in our ground than they do with noticing empty spaces in their clubs defence.

Big clubs such as Barcelona/Juventus have shitloads of empty seats at their home games, but will sell out for big games.
This is the direction we will be going in. Build the seats, reasonably price them and people will come.

Sure we'll have plenty of empty seats when we play in early round League Cup fixtures, but that's just the way it is.

It isn't a coincidence why City are specifically targetting the young demographic fanbase.

This!

FA cup games for the last few seasons have pretty much sold out and you see thousands of kids at these games - great to see too

Many reds questioned why we were expanding citing the the visible empty seats as some home matches over the last few seasons. Fact is these seats were sporadic and for home matches you never saw blocks or multiple rows of seats empty giving rise to any lack of demand. Reds cam up with this 20000 empty seat myth based on attendances for cup games over the years where the ground has often not been full to capacity. City aren't alone as far as that goes either.

The expansion this season has been a massive success in my opinion with the ground being practically full in the home end for every game so far. Away attendances from supposed big clubs for me is a concern but I think that's the case for all fans. Reds still go looking for blue seats on their TV screens but these are the same reds that didn't think we could justify expansion. They've conveniently forgotten that the ground held just over 45000 last season and just over 47000 prior to expanding. We're now easily getting crowds of above 53000 with further seats still to be installed.

As far as our "neighbours" are concerned, well they suffer from empty seats too and don't let them fool you into thinking they don't! Their ground was far from full against Ipswich midweek and even for league games they have empty seats visible. Most I'm told are up in the far reaches of the quadrants which clearly aren't visible on camera. If you watch Arsenal you can see many visible red seats for some league and especially cup games. This whole empty seat thing is bullshit though as every club has them for whatever reason. Social media has really used it as a stick to beat City with probably born out of resentment from fans of those very clubs we've taken success away from.

As for further expansion I hope the club do it. The club have proven that we can fill expanded stadia and still has a viable waiting list as far as I'm aware. Commitment to a season ticket is what puts bums on seats as we can can all swerve games when we don't have one! Continued success on the pitch will also help the club as the many kids who now quite visibly support City rather than United which wasn't the case a few years ago grow up and attend more games. Pricing is also essential and I truly hope the club does more to make it accessible for fans of all ages.
"Pricing is also essential and I truly hope the club does more to make it accessible for fans of all ages.", how do you mean? £299 for adults and £125(?) for kids? It'll never happen...

I sit in the family stand and for the most part I would put it down to non attending kids. Season tickets are cheaper (£125) so if my lad can't attend for any reason it's not a huge loss financially.
My daughter has got a16/18 ticket and has got a part time job that stops her going to the odd game.to upgrade it to make it sellable is not an option so it remains empty .
Dosnt look the best running an ad 50 year old has spare 16/18 seat meet at ground !

"Pricing is also essential and I truly hope the club does more to make it accessible for fans of all ages.", how do you mean? £299 for adults and £125(?) for kids? It'll never happen...

Lol good point. I pay £550 for mine. Don't want to see to many more increments on that tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.