Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRB I notice the boarding was left unfinished with no skim / plaster / paint etc in one of the stair cores. The intumescent paint finish is poor. Laings will love the fact it was rushed as the snagging coincided with thousands of football fans arriving. Creates confusion re porr quality and damage by others in my experience.

There's a similar situation in the Men's toilets. Also, the metal discs on the terrace steps with the isle letters on them still haven't been done. Etc. I'll get a few pics tomorrow. TBF the stand/expansion looks great. However, the finish in parts of the stand is pretty poor TBH.

JRB I notice the boarding was left unfinished with no skim / plaster / paint etc in one of the stair cores. The intumescent paint finish is poor. Laings will love the fact it was rushed as the snagging coincided with thousands of football fans arriving. Creates confusion re porr quality and damage by others in my experience.

I think Laings will make sure they go above and beyond on all of the jobs of ADUG as its a very long term and fruitful partnership if they get it right.

The Manchester work alone would fill an order book for a decade or more and then there's other parts of the UK too. ;-)

I think Laings will make sure they go above and beyond on all of the jobs of ADUG as its a very long term and fruitful partnership if they get it right.

The Manchester work alone would fill an order book for a decade or more and then there's other parts of the UK too. ;-)

Laings are not on the shortlist for the residential tenders for the works in Ancoats or New Islington. Interesting to note the cabins and prelims set up on the Collar Site is going knowwhere though.

Laings are not on the shortlist for the residential tenders for the works in Ancoats or New Islington. Interesting to note the cabins and prelims set up on the Collar Site is going knowwhere though.
Very intriguing. If city decide to go with a single or 2 tier option is that a full planning re-application or an amendment? I'm just wondering what the planning timeframe would be if they plan on starting this close season.

Very intriguing. If city decide to go with a single or 2 tier option is that a full planning re-application or an amendment? I'm just wondering what the planning timeframe would be if they plan on starting this close season.

I was informed yesterday that the symmetrical option was back as being preferred. Not sure how true - so in that instance they would be able to commence immediately.

Depending on the impact of the tier system on the footprint/externals they'd do well to argue it as an amendment application (though I'm in the planning game and would always try to!). It's generally at the discretion of the council, but as this is a major scheme it would no doubt require a new application - and the timeframe for determination would be the same as what's known as a minor material amendment application anyway (which issues a new consent).

They should stick with the symmetrical approach in my opinion, the North Stand is unlikely to become a hardcore "kop" considering it's the family stand anyway and I just can't see the club wanting to move the family stand to the south stand and vice versa as this will cause chaos.

I was informed yesterday that the symmetrical option was back as being preferred. Not sure how true - so in that instance they would be able to commence immediately.

awww what no two tier stand or kop end, thats lame. this is the one chance to have our own city end. missed opportunity imo

Maybe that's why it's back to being preferred, if they want to start soon.

awww what no two tier stand or kop end, thats lame. this is the one chance to have our own city end. missed opportunity imo

No, the opportunity to have a single tier stand was missed when they opted not to do it in the South Stand redevelopment. It was never going to happen in the North Stand, for reasons mentioned by supercity88 above.

I know that all fans love the yellow wall, but can anyone think of a single example of new stadia being built with a single tier on a multilevel stadium? Possible exception of the concept art for Liverpool's new stadium, for reasons that should be obvious. I've seen little to persuade me that modern architects do not consider single tier blocks of seats to be anachronistic and out of date. Stadium design seems to be all about the multi-tier bowl now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.