Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the opportunity to have a single tier stand was missed when they opted not to do it in the South Stand redevelopment. It was never going to happen in the North Stand, for reasons mentioned by supercity88 above.

I know that all fans love the yellow wall, but can anyone think of a single example of new stadia being built with a single tier on a multilevel stadium? Possible exception of the concept art for Liverpool's new stadium, for reasons that should be obvious. I've seen little to persuade me that modern architects do not consider single tier blocks of seats to be anachronistic and out of date. Stadium design seems to be all about the multi-tier bowl now.
Haven't Spurs gone for a single tier at one end?

No, the opportunity to have a single tier stand was missed when they opted not to do it in the South Stand redevelopment. It was never going to happen in the North Stand, for reasons mentioned by supercity88 above.

I know that all fans love the yellow wall, but can anyone think of a single example of new stadia being built with a single tier on a multilevel stadium? Possible exception of the concept art for Liverpool's new stadium, for reasons that should be obvious. I've seen little to persuade me that modern architects do not consider single tier blocks of seats to be anachronistic and out of date. Stadium design seems to be all about the multi-tier bowl now.

not sure if its single tier but juventus have a huge stand behind the goal in their new ground that is amazing. i dont see how its been missed at all with safe standing possibly coming in the next few years its perfect, the south and north stand full of standing fans sounds perfect to me. With a two tiered stand the bottom stand would be kept as the family stand with the upper part standing or the other way around, - . they dont have to move the family stand at all. make tickets cheap and it will become a singing area no problem

millenium stadiums another example, spurs new ground will have one.

I'm hoping they go for the 2 tier option tbh. It would keep the continuity of the current tiers and still provide the 'wall' feeling that would potentially ramp the atmosphere up significantly.

exactly my thoughts..... if they do the same as the south stand i think its a rushed decision imo. i want the ground to be unique and look different swell

not sure if its single tier but juventus have a huge stand behind the goal in their new ground that is amazing. i dont see how its been missed at all with safe standing possibly coming in the next few years its perfect, the south and north stand full of standing fans sounds perfect to me. With a two tiered stand the bottom stand would be kept as the family stand with the upper part standing or the other way around, - . they dont have to move the family stand at all. make tickets cheap and it will become a singing area no problem

millenium stadiums another example, spurs new ground will have one.

The millennium is a bad example because it was a last minute change because of a fuck up by the WRU and it doesn't look great.

The cgi pictures for the Spurs one looks incredible though.

Have the plans for a single second tier at the north stand been binned then?

Be pretty disappointed if so, would look quality.

Spurs' single tier goal end in the new gaff does look incredible, looks like it'd rival Dortmund's yellow wall - minus the safe standing and cheap tickets obviously.

Whether they do 1/2/3 tiers we know the noise levels are going to go up significantly anyway. Throw another 6,000 fans in, adjust the roof to keep the noise in, cheaper tickets and voila!

I'm pretty confident the noise won't be a problem, as long as the stadium looks great I'd be happy!

Have the plans for a single second tier at the north stand been binned then?

Be pretty disappointed if so, would look quality.

Spurs' single tier goal end in the new gaff does look incredible, looks like it'd rival Dortmund's yellow wall - minus the safe standing and cheap tickets obviously.
It's all speculation at the moment, even WW who seems to have a friendly mole is getting info that's changing over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.