Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very surprised if the NS is anything different to a copy of the SS. the club have official plans and planning permission for a third tier expansion at both ends, I haven't seen any official plans that state otherwise.

I'm not saying it's impossible and maybe even one of the reasons the NS isn't being done immediately, while they look in to things, feasibility etc. Mainly due to the family stand though I think they'll go for symmetrical stadium and I'm more than happy with that. the shape of a stand doesn't matter, it is who is in them that is important, and another 6k blues is more than enough...for now!

Will the north stand be aesthically a carbon copy of the South stand?...surely the north stand will not need the metal roof suspension protrusions design with it not encroaching Ashton New Road.

S
It will.

Why wouldn't it.

supporting framework will be the same as the South Stand as its needed to s to support the cablenet system that holds the roof in place. If the extensions to both the East and West stands is completed then a new roof support system may be needed.

I suspect if the East and West stands are eventually extended then the North Stand's design will not be an issue. There's the symmetry, but then there was a bit of chit chat over a hotel/complex being built (from the collar site) into the Stadium. Personally, I hope they stay well away from that idea...

Unfortunately, the set up of our stadium has led to the design in my opinion. Structural reasons meant that the South Stand had to be built as it has been. That would have been the one to build as a single tier. There's no way the club would want to relocate one end of supporters to the other and vice versa and it's bonkers to have a single tier family stand. It would be a logistical nightmare, and parents wouldn't be too thankful at having to lug their kids up to the top of a single tier. I think we'll see a mirror of the South Stand, possibly they've looked at alternatives like two tiers and I hope they've looked at providing an area which enhances matchdays for kids on the concourse and family group tickets that can cement future support. I've been to the football with kids in tow and they struggle with maintaining interest for the full length of the game. It would be great if City designed in some child friendly areas or entertainment facilities within the concourse.

I would have loved a single tier as you see with the Spurs design, but the South Stand couldn't have catered for it with the lack of room to the road and the structural engineering works required. It's a shame but if the side stands are ever re-designed we could see some pretty considerable tiers there which can become Kippax like.

Unfortunately, the set up of our stadium has led to the design in my opinion. Structural reasons meant that the South Stand had to be built as it has been. That would have been the one to build as a single tier. There's no way the club would want to relocate one end of supporters to the other and vice versa and it's bonkers to have a single tier family stand. It would be a logistical nightmare, and parents wouldn't be too thankful at having to lug their kids up to the top of a single tier. I think we'll see a mirror of the South Stand, possibly they've looked at alternatives like two tiers and I hope they've looked at providing an area which enhances matchdays for kids on the concourse and family group tickets that can cement future support. I've been to the football with kids in tow and they struggle with maintaining interest for the full length of the game. It would be great if City designed in some child friendly areas or entertainment facilities within the concourse.

I would have loved a single tier as you see with the Spurs design, but the South Stand couldn't have catered for it with the lack of room to the road and the structural engineering works required. It's a shame but if the side stands are ever re-designed we could see some pretty considerable tiers there which can become Kippax like.
The side stands would only ever see the 3rd tier extended back to a certain point due to the spirals, no chance of changing the number of tiers there.

The side stands would only ever see the 3rd tier extended back to a certain point due to the spirals, no chance of changing the number of tiers there.

We shall see... there could be much grander plans envisaged with an exoskeleton style structure to encase and incorporate the stand and provide a covered area with bars/seating/club shop etc. In my opinion we are a long way off any work to the side stands and when we do look at work on them (if we do) then we will probably be at a level that requires quite grand infrastructure. Whilst you are probably right, we can all dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.