Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Collar Site is huge. It may not happen straight away, but I wouldn't rule out another stadium being built.

But why?

It would have to be 50,000+ for the RFU to use it, and they aren't going to just build a stadium for the RFU to use once a year and leave it empty the rest of the time. What sport team would play in another stadium? Why would we want them there?

There is no conceivable reason why another big stadium would be built. It's as likely as us building another CFA just because "The collar site is huge!"

Possibly another community stadium could pop up a la the CFA Stadium, but nothing that would have any interest to the RFU.

Talking of Belle Vue Rangers - who played on the pitch in the middle of the old speedway track - I watched a youth international(soccer) in the early 1950's.
Cannot remember the score but I unearthed this clip of England playing in France in 1949.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/football-england-v-france/query/Johnny

Some of the players looked familiar - but could the No. 8 have been Johnny Haynes of Fulham.

Just curious

From what I understand any future partnership with the RFU would use the Etihad and existing facilities nothing more, nothing less.

A couple of games a season would use the main stadium and games below the first 15 would use the Campus 7ker.

For those who dont know the UAE has a long history of RFU in the Emirate itself, with Harlequins. http://abudhabiquins.com/

From what I understand any future partnership with the RFU would use the Etihad and existing facilities nothing more, nothing less.

A couple of games a season would use the main stadium and games below the first 15 would use the Campus 7ker.

For those who dont know the UAE has a long history of RFU in the Emirate itself, with Harlequins. http://abudhabiquins.com/

If they use the Academy the egg is ending up on Ashton New Road!

Come on City, the RWC game is done now, lets get started on the North Stand!
Interestingly of course capacity will drop by a few hundred when they start work inside the stadium as they need to take that back row of the 2nd tier and the corners
Are there any season ticket holders in these rows? If there are they'd obviously be notified when the work is going to be done and I'm guessing if that was going to be soon then they'd already know

Are there any season ticket holders in these rows? If there are they'd obviously be notified when the work is going to be done and I'm guessing if that was going to be soon then they'd already know
That would be me 232 back row I phoned and asked the question in the close season to ask should I move now to south stand level3 as I don't want to be stuck with nowhere to go, there are 4 of us Sat together, I was told no imminent plans, make of that what you like, would not be surprised to see it started next summer, but leaves us in the shit with nowhere to go, well anywhere decent.

People underestimate the amount of enabling weeks needed before works can start. There was a service raceway built around the original stadium perimeter before the commonwealth games. That will need diverting first and I can envisage that starting in April or maybe slightly earlier. The works would then progress over 16 months to complete works in September 17. I think these are the likely timescales.

People underestimate the amount of enabling weeks needed before works can start. There was a service raceway built around the original stadium perimeter before the commonwealth games. That will need diverting first and I can envisage that starting in April or maybe slightly earlier. The works would then progress over 16 months to complete works in September 17. I think these are the likely timescales.
Would the underground tunnel for the coaches and players cars etc cause any problems for the enabling work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.