Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates on the proposed development for the collar site? DiscoveryPartners.com are working with the club on a new destination experience/museum attraction and I'm wondering how this will be integrated into the future development. I would imagine this would also perhaps incorporate an expanded retail outlet along with bars/restaurants to be open throughout the week. If it's going to be on the scale of the All Blacks Experience they are currently working on (opening 2017) it should be pretty stunning.

City and the RFU are looking at partnering for the future England games (all age groups) that are played away from Twickers.

It seems we will finally get Union at the Campus.

City and the RFU are looking at partnering for the future England games (all age groups) that are played away from Twickers.

It seems we will finally get Union at the Campus.

Do we want that? I'm a Rugby fan, so I'd love to see more of it up here, but I wouldn't want us sharing the same pitch with any regularity.

There's a couple of trampoline parks (trampoline parks are like buses...) heading to the area. Although oldish news, the fact that one might be built next to Asda is interesting. Whether it will be built inside the store (taking over the end clothes section) or a new build...I don't know. The other one (referenced in the below article) will be situated behind the stadium in an old warehouse/tin shed:

TRAMPOLINE PARK LINED UP FOR EAST MANCHESTER

A vacant industrial unit near Manchester City's Etihad Stadium could soon be converted into a large trampoline park aimed at families, students, corporate clients and fitness fans.

TR-Activity-659-500.jpg

The site is also subject to a rival planning application to build up to 340 homes although the team behind the trampoline proposal claim it would not jeopardise the residential scheme.

Go Air (Franchise) has submitted an application to Manchester City Council to change the use of Block 4, which has a floor area of 37,120 sq ft, to the north east of the stadium and the Sportcity complex into a trampoline park. There would also be a café serving healthy food and drink and 75 parking spaces at the site, which is located at Riverpark Trading Estate on Riverpark Road...

...The Go Air statement reveals that Manchester City Council advised the application should only be for a temporary period of three years because there was concern that a longer timeframe could jeopardise other development proposals for the wider site, especially the 340-home scheme....

Full link here:

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/148892-trampoline-park-lined-east-manchester/

The collar site work will commence before the east and west expansion.

Still a special project GX? And have you been away? Thought you might have got drunk, leaked a bit too much info and ended up bundled into the back of a van...

Concerts are on again next year, Artists will be announced in November so I don't expect any Staduim expansion work to be done for at least 12 months
Concerts can still be held next summer if they start in the new year , but not the summer after.

The Collar Site is huge. It may not happen straight away, but I wouldn't rule out another stadium being built.

It isn't part of the collar site plans as they currently exist, but the Eastlands Regeneration Framework document adopted in 2011 suggests that the athletics stadium on the west side of the main stadium could potentially be removed to make way for commercial development. Were this to happen, a replacement facility would have to be built, and the ERF suggests that the Beswick Sports Hub would be the likeliest location for this. It's possible, I suppose, that if there's a desire for RU in/around the Campus at that stage, they could create a multi-purpose stadium with movable seating that would host club rugby in the winter and athletics in summer, as happens at the Copthall Stadium in Barnet, which is home to Saracens.

The fairly newly reconstituted Manchester Rangers RL side currently plays at the athletics stadium, but I believe that's a temporary arrangement. They're due to move to the new speedway stadium at Belle Vue when that opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.